Societies expectations of how women should act

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 5:24 am

MossyRocks wrote:
Society expects women to be warm, chatty, generous, caring, agreeable, and supportive...
But I can't be that. I despise being expected to put in so much effort, for no reason other than I'm a woman. Even on good days I can't mask well enough to fit the standard.

Any hint of anger or discomfort I display gets treated 1000x worse than it actually is, and having to keep it all in results in 80% of my depression. Seeing men being allowed to display much larger anger or discomfort makes me bitter.
I have tried to limit socializing as much as I can but can't avoid family I live with.

How do you deal with people's expectations and reactions without going crazy?

(Men please do not comment I am only looking for women's experiences, thank you)

Oh honey, men are apparently supposed to be hunters, strong,logical,reasonable and gentle. How many actually are? So why should you have to fulfil requirements when they don’t meet theirs? There is already so much inequality. The ratio of the amount of head a man has given me compared to me giving to them! And I’m a feminist!

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 5:29 am

Joe90 wrote:
The only expectations I feel I have from society as a woman is dyeing my hair, wearing make-up and shaving body hair. I feel like the only woman in the world who has never dyed her hair (why aren't women satisfied with the hair colour that they've got???), and I'd feel really, really weird if I went out with unshaved legs or armpits in summer clothes.
Guys seem to have the choice. If a guy wants long hair like a woman, that's fine. If a guy shaves his legs, that's fine, and if a guy doesn't shave his legs, that's also fine. If a guy wants to go around looking like a bum (unkempt facial hair), that's fine too. If a woman doesn't wash her hair or shave her body hair, she will be severely judged.

Severely judged? By who? And what’s the worst that could happen cause some miserable person who loathes themselves is so bored that they have to nit pick on you? Who cares what they think! Unless they pay you and give you orgasms then who cares what they think.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 5:34 am

MossyRocks wrote:
Society expects women to be warm, chatty, generous, caring, agreeable, and supportive...
But I can't be that. I despise being expected to put in so much effort, for no reason other than I'm a woman. Even on good days I can't mask well enough to fit the standard.

Any hint of anger or discomfort I display gets treated 1000x worse than it actually is, and having to keep it all in results in 80% of my depression. Seeing men being allowed to display much larger anger or discomfort makes me bitter.
I have tried to limit socializing as much as I can but can't avoid family I live with.

(Men please do not comment I am only looking for women's experiences, thank you)

Who is society? A bunch of men and a bunch of brain washed women who are on leashes of those men telling you what to do and say so they can feel like kings?

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 5:36 am

MossyRocks wrote:

Honey unless you’re being paid to be outgoing and chatty and agreeable or supportive then don’t. Just be civil then no one will have a reason to try to chop your legs off.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 5:38 am

MossyRocks wrote:

some men’s and some women’s expectations aka wishes are for some women to be seen and not heard and to be basically a doll.

They don’t want you or need you to be anymore than that.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Oct 2021, 5:47 am

MossyRocks wrote:

Yeah and I expect not to have put up with other people’s rape religious culture But they aren’t ever going to stop that. They make so much effort to include cultures that believe in honour killing,dowry,arranged rape marriages, ect. But eh me not wanting to be around people who can’t respect women makes me a racist then argh. What can you do?