Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 11:13 am

CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
So you know everyone has some level of psychopathy then, right?

And you know that if someone completes Hare’s Psychopathy Checklist (PCL-R) that they will get some kind of score?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_Checklist

So there are some disputes about this in the psychopathy communities but basically the general rule of thumb with it is that yes everyone to an extent has some form of psycopathy/narcissism in them but it's regarded as survival narcissism. Like if s**t hits the fan you will use these behaviours in order to save yourself kind of thing.

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2021, 11:38 am

Lunella wrote:
CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
So you know everyone has some level of psychopathy then, right?

And you know that if someone completes Hare’s Psychopathy Checklist (PCL-R) that they will get some kind of score?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy_Checklist

So there are some disputes about this in the psychopathy communities but basically the general rule of thumb with it is that yes everyone to an extent has some form of psycopathy/narcissism in them but it's regarded as survival narcissism. Like if s**t hits the fan you will use these behaviours in order to save yourself kind of thing.

Can you clarify what you mean by “psychopathy communities”?

Do you mean communities with people who have psychopathy OR communities just talking about psychopaths and how bad they are?

And I know all of that about survival and stuff. Please try not to assume that I don’t know anything.

TriPM Score (Taken 05/22/2021):
103 out of 174 points (99th percentile)

ADHD & ASD diagnosis made in childhood.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 9:59 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

In contrast to a sociopath, psychopaths have less (no) empathy and are more calculating based on their own desire.
Likewise psychopaths feel no remorse.

This is my understanding.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 10:54 pm

Lunella wrote:

There are some good documentaries if you're interested on the subject, it became a special interest for me for many years and I'm part of about 11 narcissism/psychopathy groups cause I just find it an interesting subject as you see the behaviours in day to day life quite frequently.

The video is very insightful.

violetdr3amer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 May 2021, 4:10 pm

On the topic of narcissists, has anyone seen videos by the YouTuber Kanika Batra? She is a diagnosed narcissist and sociopath, and she has made some good videos on what it's like having this condition. She seems to have had a lot of therapy and made good progress with self-improvement.

She makes a very good point, which I have thought about and kind of agree with: that moral code has nothing to do with empathy. She's kind of right - I've met plenty of people who are very emotional and claim to be empaths (not sure about that but they certainly were very sensitive to energy changes, from what I have observed), yet had no moral code and did whatever they felt like doing at any given moment with no regard for consequences.

I for one am quite misanthropic; I dislike most people except my few chosen close friends. Yet I would still help an old man who falls over on the street, or call the police if I see someone being attacked, simply because it's the right thing to do. For me, moral code lies more in logic than in empathy, because having a strong moral code is about something bigger than yourself. If everyone had a good moral code, then we would have a safer, more supportive community, which everyone would benefit from.