1. A lot 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
2. Somewhat 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
3. Never 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

DesertWoman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2021, 10:06 am

Throughout my life, I've had some horrible physical reactions to stress. I'm sensitive, as most autistic people naturally are, and the challenges of social acceptance have caused me to suffer painful, itchy rashes and abdominal bloating.

I feel like the more alienated I am, the more my body just reacts this way. Social acceptance and opportunity breeds confidence and comfort. I am not funny and I don't deserve to be teased, however my peers continue to treat me like some weirdo who doesn't belong. My parents didn't have these problems. They're in their seventies and they're fine. I'd like to be a part of society, and I feel like I'm not really allowed to be.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 10:50 pm

I've noticed that when I'm depressed/upset/etc. that it makes my digestive problems act up. Feeling lonely or alienated definitely does that, too, and I don't entirely get why.

SpottedMushroom
Raven
Raven

13 May 2021, 8:41 pm

I've struggled with digestion problems/bloating all my life and doctors can't tell me what's wrong. I never thought about a connection between those problems and stress...got me thinking now.

NeilM
Toucan
Toucan

14 May 2021, 11:16 am

Some years back I came out in a painful, itchy rash but after several doctor appts, none of which resulted in any relief, I took matters into my own hands. I eliminated some of the most common foods that people can be allergic to, eggs, wheat, nuts, one or two others, and after a few weeks the rash cleared up! Yes, sweet relief. I added them back one at a time over many months, and the outcome was that I had become allergic to eggs. Strangely tho, when I tried eating eggs again, it took two weeks for any rash to occur. So if you are tracking what you eat, you may get a reaction in minutes or hours, or it may take weeks.

Looking back, I would have thought that a dermatologist worth their salt could have looked a my arms and legs and said, "That's an allergic reaction to eggs" but not the one I went to. He swore it was a topical reaction and said to use this soap and shampoo when I showered and wash my clothes and sheets in detergent X, yada yada. Meanwhile I continued to suffer. I now have no faith in the medical profession. Unless you have broken bones and/or gaping wounds, you are better off using Dr Google and your own common sense.

AQ = 38 MBTI = ISTJ Gender = Non-binary
I strive not to perseverate. You can PM me for more info.