WP members requesting specific discussion threads be locked?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 2:05 pm

Can WP members request that specific discussion threads (threads which WP members initiated) be locked - on account of discussion threads becoming too redundant in content?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 2:13 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Can WP members request that specific discussion threads (threads which WP members initiated) be locked - on account of discussion threads becoming too redundant in content?
I have requested that some of the threads I originated be locked, and the mods have honored almost every one of my requests.

Requests for other members' redundant threads to be locked or merged have so far been denied.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 2:21 pm

Fnord wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:
I have requested that some of the threads I originated be locked, and the mods have honored almost every one of my requests.

Requests for other members' redundant threads to be locked or merged have so far been denied.

How / where are requests made?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 2:29 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Fnord wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:

How / where are requests made?
You can PM one of the mods, post the "Lock This Thread" request in the thread you want locked, or post the request in the Moderator Attention thread.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.