Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 6:27 pm

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 7:40 pm

I have never been threatened with violence bei antifascists because I am not a fascist.

I have however been threatened with violence by fascists because I am not a fascist.

And the Petersons are moneygrabbing opportunists.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 7:53 pm

For some reason I visualise "red herrings" whenever people spend a disproportionate amount of time attacking anti-fascists

I gave Jordan Petersen the benefit of the doubt for a couple of years but his agenda is very anti-intellectual

No thanks

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 8:05 pm

What in the heck is wrong with being anti-fascist, anyway?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 9:09 pm

Quote:
Despite the Chauvin murder conviction, #antifa carried through with their promise of violence in Portland. They smashed up businesses yet again in downtown. In this shocking video, a rioter punches a responding officer directly in the face. #PortlandRiots

https://twitter.com/i/status/1384767719065755649

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 10:57 pm

Pepe wrote:
Quote:
Despite the Chauvin murder conviction, #antifa carried through with their promise of violence in Portland. They smashed up businesses yet again in downtown. In this shocking video, a rioter punches a responding officer directly in the face. #PortlandRiots

https://twitter.com/i/status/1384767719065755649

A twitter post? got a better source

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

24 Apr 2021, 10:51 am

Some (easily found) background on right-wing provocateur Andy Ngo, for those wanting something more digestible than a 57-minute YouTube video and a self-promoting twitter comment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ngo#Credibility
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... fa-877914/
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... proud-boys
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... real-enemy

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

24 Apr 2021, 10:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
A twitter post? got a better source
Sky News, perhaps? /sarc :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 5:47 pm

Quote:
Antifa and BLM protesters continue their reign of terror

The bulk of the media are whitewashing daily acts of violence committed by BLM and Antifa protesters despite abundant footage of attacks, arson, looting and property damage.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/rita ... 681f780763

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

24 Apr 2021, 6:13 pm

Quoting more Murdoch-owned and other right-wing media does your impartiality crusade no good at all.
And when you resort to quoting QAnon -style nonsense like this, as if it actually means something -

Pepe wrote:
Antifa and BLM protesters continue their reign of terror

The bulk of the media are whitewashing daily acts of violence committed by BLM and Antifa protesters despite abundant footage of attacks, arson, looting and property damage.
- it simply makes you indistinguishable from QAnon itself.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 6:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What in the heck is wrong with being anti-fascist, anyway?

What is wrong with America being great again? The words stripped of all context are perfectly harmless and laudatory, but in context for what these words are associated with they're not good. Antifa is a terrorist organization the same way MAGAs have a nasty reputation for racism and xenophobia.

Master Oogway

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

24 Apr 2021, 6:25 pm

Antifa is not an organization.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 6:57 pm

Cornflake wrote:

I don't know what they are, but they don't seem to be very good at fighting. If you're going to get up in people's faces, you might want to know what you're doing. s**t, take a martial arts course. Or at least watch a Bruce Lee movie.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 7:31 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

I don't know what they are, but they don't seem to be very good at fighting. If you're going to get up in people's faces, you might want to know what you're doing. s**t, take a martial arts course. Or at least watch a Bruce Lee movie.

Cornflake is trying to say there is no "they" as they don't exist as an organisation.

Antifa is a label thrown at a loose confederation of Americans who are sick of America's reputation as a haven for racists and xenophobes and are trying to do something about it. I don't necessarily agree with their methods but it seems rich to point out they carry weapons or cause destruction of public property especially after the capitol riots.

It makes me cringe and embarrassed when people on this forum ignore the MAGA crazies who allowed a nutcase to run the free world for 4 years but blame a small faction of leftwing people (I mean how many antifa people have been arrested?) for all the ills over the last 4 years who never harmed anyone.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 10:23 pm

The right-wing Republicans needed a vaguely nebulous enemy that they can blame for everything wrong in America, so they chose a loosely-associated collection of individuals with no organizational structure and a general hatred of bigotry and nationalism to be their main bogey-man and whipping-boy.

They needed an enemy that is (1) so laughably inept that they can be ridiculed in every possible way, while simultaneously being (2) so adept at what they do that they are a threat to traditional right-wing Republican values, which include racism, sexism, corporate ownership of government, military deficit spending, and the right to bear artillery against unarmed targets.

So instead of calling anyone who opposes right-wing politics "anti-Fascists" -- and thus admit to the world that right-wing Republicanism is indeed a Fascist movement -- they come up with the word "ANTIFA" as if it was an acronym for some obscure global criminal organization like "HIVE", "KAOS", "SPECTRE", or "SMERSH".

:roll: This is only one reason why I vote for "Anyone Except Republicans" in every election.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 10:33 pm

Fnord wrote:

So instead of calling anyone who opposes right-wing politics "anti-Fascists" -- and thus admit to the world that right-wing Republicanism is indeed a Fascist movement -- they come up with the word "ANTIFA" as if it was an acronym for some obscure global criminal organization like "HIVE", "KAOS", "SPECTRE", or "SMERSH".

Kind of like a Freudian slip...except the idiots are saying it consciously