Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 12:02 pm

Is Schizotypal Personality Disorder a psychotic disorder? It is part of Schizophrenia Spectrum.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 5:50 am

I would say that schizotypal disorder is a sort of psychotic disorder (although/but it rather doesn't need taking large (antipsychotic) doses of neuroleptics like paranoid schizophrenia), for example because it is located between schizophrenia (F20) and persistent delusional disorder (F22) in ICD-10, so among psychotic disorders, not among specific personality disorders (which are in other subpart of ICD-10 classification (as F60)). Schizotypal disorder can appear as mental illness which is generally in some way "milder" than standard schizophrenia (for example, F21 can do not require hospitalization in all-day mental hospital and people with schizophrenia can often be in them for consecutive months) which is also a severe personality disorder. It may be practically as disabling as schizophrenia! In Poland people with schizotypal disorder about which I read and heard always(?) received ruling of moderate level of disability when they applied for ruling about disability and people with schizophrenia (F20) appear to have also mostlyruling of moderate level of disability (not severe level, which is the highest).

I have diagnosis of schizotypal disorder from ICD-10 and I have very bizarre thoughts/ideas/hypotheses (reference (although I think that many of them are supernatural phenomena), grandiose/messengership, derealizational, anatomical, religious). I have also serious "suspiciousness" associated with not-close persons like other students (that they could kill, poison, harm me) since being about 16 years old (I am 29,5 now).

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 10:26 pm

Thank you! I understood.