Stress at work that I don't need right now

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 4:22 pm

I've been off this week on annual leave and I'm back Monday. But my friend who works there has phoned me to prepare myself for a big telling off I'm going to get from the supervisor as soon as I step in the door on Monday for something that isn't my fault. One person at work doesn't do her job properly and the bosses know that but are scared to confront her about it because she is foreign and they know that she will accuse the company of being racist if they do, even though her race doesn't come into it at all. So because of that the people that don't do the task she does are the ones getting the blame. Not sure what good that is going to do except make us unhappy while she gets away with murder.

And don't advise me to look for another job, as this job was once a laid-back job and there aren't other jobs about that suit me, and I enjoy what I do, it's just these one or two of the people there that have no consideration or common sense that ruin everything.

I would put up with this unnecessary stress but right now I have a very ill mum in hospital and I'm not even allowed to go to visit her, so naturally that will be on my mind and so I don't need this stupidness at work as soon as I return after a (stressful) week off.
I put in a lot of enthusiasm into my work and I make sure it's done thoroughly, and yet me and a couple of others are going to be the blame for the poor job that this woman does.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 4:40 pm

I would defend myself if I get told off.

If your supervisor accuses you of doing something you didn’t do.....or of not doing something that you did do....just tell him what you have or haven’t done.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 12:03 pm

The problem has sort of varied itself into another. This foreign woman is really being a huge pain in the butt for everyone. She's not popular, nobody likes her, and she's the most selfish person I've ever met.

She throws a tantrum if she's not doing the easy tasks but gloats if we are doing the hard tasks, even though we are not bothered what we do as long as we have work to do.

But if we say anything, she will "pull the racist card" and say that we're picking on her because she's foreign - but we are not picking on her at all. Her nationality doesn't enter our heads; foreign or not she's just as capable as anyone to accomplish all the tasks in our workplace (her language barrier doesn't affect any of these tasks), and they just want to treat us all equally. That is the complete opposite of racism.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 12:17 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I've been off this week on annual leave and I'm back Monday. But my friend who works there has phoned me to prepare myself for a big telling off I'm going to get from the supervisor as soon as I step in the door on Monday for something that isn't my fault.

That's odd, what is there to go off on you about when you have not been there for the last week?

What a mess.
Sounds like a grand opportunity for some kind of miracle to happen to improve the work environment.
Anything is possible: I wonder how much of it is probable.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2021, 3:07 pm

"Joe 90" .. lol just clocked the whole name :lol:

this woman is a doosh at work . pop her tires .

only jokes . tell the head honcho face to face exactly what youve expressed here . if the boss doesnt want to hear it .. just copy that wenches tactics

Dry Dry Sea
Raven
Raven

11 May 2021, 3:12 pm

cbd wrote:

only jokes . tell the head honcho face to face exactly what youve expressed here . if the boss doesnt want to hear it .. just copy that wenches tactics

Can you explain? I'm not taking sides. I've not read most here.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2021, 4:49 pm

Dry Dry Sea wrote:
cbd wrote:

Can you explain? I'm not taking sides. I've not read most here.

the woman at Joe90 's workplace is slacking off which has resulted in an inevitable bollocking when she returns .. for something out of Joe 's doing .
Joe likes the workplace .. but said other worker is f*****g up .. then denying responsibility . When comfronted .. said co worker pulls the "race" / nationality card .. to slime out of any confrontation or backlash.

ive suggested for Joe to tell the main boss . if the boss doesnt acknowledge the issue . Joe might aswell carry on like the co worker . its better to be punished for your actions than someone else's . surely the boss will see whats going on , and can adjust attitude to whatever the co worker has f****d up on .. thus allowing everybody to ' check ' the worker on their general attitude.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 5:16 pm

cbd wrote:
ive suggested for Joe to tell the main boss . if the boss doesnt acknowledge the issue . Joe might aswell carry on like the co worker . its better to be punished for your actions than someone else's . surely the boss will see whats going on , and can adjust attitude to whatever the co worker has f****d up on .. thus allowing everybody to ' check ' the worker on their general attitude.

Confronting the supervisor with such an issue has a huge chance of backlash, misunderstanding and making situation worse especially if you are on the spectrum. "Snitches get stitches" is kind of true even in professional situations.

I would try to maybe take responsibility to some extent, demonstrating willingness to resolve situation in a constructive manner but at the same time make it clear that problem that needs to be addressed is work of this another employee. Something like admitting this might be your fault that you didn't look after her and that you will try to guide her to help her do her job properly in the future or something.

Or maybe straight up pretend that you are taking the blame, trying to cover up for her, but "accidentally" let your boss know that it is actually her fault.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 5:38 pm

I'm speaking from personal experience. I recall several situations when I created conflict and hostility for no good reason.

Once I went out of my way to prove to our manager that some failure I was blamed for was caused by the other guy. I came out a "winner", the other guy was disciplined, but we became pretty much enemies who can't work together anymore and manager made a note that I'm the one who makes a fuss out of nothing and doesn't play nicely in the team. I could have just say "ok, we will investigate and make sure to communicate clearly to avoid such mistakes in future" and tell the other guy "I believe just took a hit for your mistake, you owe me one". Taking responsibility would not have any negative consequences, probably would make me look more mature and experienced, but creating conflict really undermined my future in this company.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 5:41 pm

It's not just me who's affected, it's 3 other people I work with too. She's been working there for 12 years doing the same jobs, we've been working there less than 4 years. She doesn't need to be guided.

I think the supervisor is finally cottoning on and is showing who's boss to her more, which is his job. That's because it's her word against the 4 of us. The supervisor, and the boss, have always been aware of her lack of will but like I said are scared to take it further in case she pulls the racist card.

But we are not being racist AT ALL. We are treating her like anyone else, with fairness and equality.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 5:57 pm

Joe90 wrote:
It's not just me who's affected, it's 3 other people I work with too. She's been working there for 12 years doing the same jobs, we've been working there less than 4 years. She doesn't need to be guided.

I think the supervisor is finally cottoning on and is showing who's boss to her more, which is his job. That's because it's her word against the 4 of us. The supervisor, and the boss, have always been aware of her lack of will but like I said are scared to take it further in case she pulls the racist card.

But we are not being racist AT ALL. We are treating her like anyone else, with fairness and equality.

I'm not aware of exact details of your situation, what I'm talking about is general approach, thinking of long term consequences of any confrontation or conflict.

Dry Dry Sea
Raven
Raven

11 May 2021, 6:10 pm

Lady :) May i suggest you try to help your rebellious coworker in his weak spots (brain), instead breaking his strong spot (body) because he is from a Black Race (?). It is not a Fight! Black people are strong by nature. I Love white People because they are kind Biologically.

I'm Arab. I'm in Norway. If i don't make sense I'll not bother you here again.

Peace

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 6:11 pm

I know that, but this is a different case. It's not an Us Vs Them situation (Aspie trying to get the upper hand among NTs). I'm very well respected at work, I work with 3 good, honest friends who all share the same feelings about the awkward woman as I do, and they are true friends.

It's hard to prove that on autism forums because some Aspies will just convince you that they're all against you, even your own friends, and that you won't ever see that because you're gullible and blind to all hints. But I know that isn't the case at all but I can't prove it in words to strangers on the internet.

(Not aiming at anyone in particular here, just saying).

The worker I'm complaining about here (who is a she by the way) is not black, she just speaks another language but is still white.

Dry Dry Sea
Raven
Raven

11 May 2021, 6:20 pm

She (troublemaker) is afraid. And that is not good.

1 vs 1 no problem
3 vs 1 too much

Force her with Love to be your Friend. Do you think she wants to be alone? Make "secret signs" you understand everyone.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 6:42 pm

Dry Dry Sea wrote:
She (troublemaker) is afraid. And that is not good.

1 vs 1 no problem
3 vs 1 too much

Force her with Love to be your Friend. Do you think she wants to be alone? Make "secret signs" you understand everyone.

I am a friend to her. I'm always nice to her. We all are, because we're nice people. I was going to point that out that I'm very friendly towards her but I thought people here might say that she's behaving this way because of our friendliness being a sign of weakness or something. :roll: But she still thinks she has the right to be rude to us if she doesn't get her own way, which is not how you're supposed to behave in the workplace.
I'm a friendly, nice person generally. I like to give everyone a chance and I don't judge, but when someone acts like a jerk or deliberately does things that are aggravating to others and are selfish and won't work as part of a team then I do get annoyed with that person, even though I don't show it to them because it just isn't in my nature to be callous or hostile.
But in this job you can't really get out of working with other people. I'm Aspie but I am a good team player, I use my common sense and initiative to get the job done effectively, and the others (except this woman) have the same strategies as me and we think alike.
This woman, however, wants to do as little as possible, or do the same easy task every day, just to take in the money and not have the slightest bit of pride in the work or her co-workers.

Dry Dry Sea
Raven
Raven

11 May 2021, 6:48 pm

Lady, you are Aspergers worker. Are all The Others too?