Can an Aspergers person be made to do things against his wil

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 3:38 am

Technic1 wrote:
They say that Hitler had Aspergers and was made to do things against his will?

What do you know about this?

Finnally. you're stating what you're really wondering about.

Its never been proven that Hitler was an aspie. Even if he were an aspie - his aspergers took a back seat to his sociopathy as his most salient personality trait.

If you mean "was Hitler manipulated by the ruling Nazi elite around him to do things against his will" (like he was a child among grown ups dominating him) then the answer to your question is "no, I doubt it". That is not the picture that any historian Ive ever encountered paints of his regime.

Certainly his most heinous acts were not "against his will". It wasnt as if he was a nice guy...who wouldnt have staged the Holocaust- if bad folks around him hadnt pushed him around.

And apparently someone told you that Hitler "started WWII against his will". Long complicated story short: It didnt happen that way.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2021, 2:26 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Technic1 wrote:
They say that Hitler had Aspergers and was made to do things against his will?

What do you know about this?

Finnally. you're stating what you're really wondering about.

Its never been proven that Hitler was an aspie. Even if he were an aspie - his aspergers took a back seat to his sociopathy as his most salient personality trait.

If you mean "was Hitler manipulated by the ruling Nazi elite around him to do things against his will" (like he was a child among grown ups dominating him) then the answer to your question is "no, I doubt it". That is not the picture that any historian Ive ever encountered paints of his regime.

Certainly his most heinous acts were not "against his will". It wasnt as if he was a nice guy...who wouldnt have staged the Holocaust- if bad folks around him hadnt pushed him around.

And apparently someone told you that Hitler "started WWII against his will". Long complicated story short: It didnt happen that way.

I heard that Hitler was easily lead?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 5:14 am

On average, much less peer-group pressure can be applied to Aspies. We can't avoid being different, so that is not a concern, especially when we can see good reasons to stay off the beaten path.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2021, 5:59 am

Dear_one wrote:
On average, much less peer-group pressure can be applied to Aspies. We can't avoid being different, so that is not a concern, especially when we can see good reasons to stay off the beaten path.

Without liking Hitler I’m saying Hitler was made to do it?

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 7:17 am

Technic1 wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

Without liking Hitler I’m saying Hitler was made to do it?

That was not intended as part of the Hitler thread.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 12:57 am

Yes, every time I travel by plane, for example, I have to put my free will to one side and do as I'm told, to a degree.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 12:27 pm

I think we can be easily manipulated, under certain conditions. I always did as I was told as a child ... this is a bad thing, in my opinion. I did learn to run and hide, which served me well, when mute, and I knew I had to “escape” what overwhelmed me at 5 yrs. This meant running all the way home from Infant’s School and hiding beneath a car!

Being “made” to do things as an adult ... No way!

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 12:40 pm

It varies from person to person.

Personally, I was a victim of this from my brother, who ironically has been a victim of this from other people.

Psychological coercion, where he'd surround himself around people who he perceived as 'friends', that consequently ended up financially, emotionally and physically abusing him, under the guise that it was banter, and that they were 'lauging and joking around'.

Pressuring him into binge-drinking as well as various illegal substances.

Thankfully, he's no longer in such company, but it almost ended in him losing his life.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 3:45 pm

When it comes to being manipulated without fully knowing it, my own experiences seem to suggest it's the other way round, i.e. that Aspies may be harder to manipulate than NTs. Of course we're all different, and a strong argument against my idea is that if I've been manipulated without knowing it, I wouldn't know it, and would therefore think I couldn't be manipulated.

Nonetheless, I do know that I'm continually noticing all kinds of ideas expressed by politicians, advertisers, and ordinary people, that look to me like very poorly-disguised attempts to brainwash, and rarely a day goes by when I don't find myself freshly surprised and dismayed by the apparent fact that these attempts to manipulate aren't immediately shouted down, but are allowed to exist in an educated society. All of this suggests strongly to me that I can see manipulation more clearly than a lot of people can, and that I'm therefore less open to its effects than the average person.

For example, every few days during the pandemic Boris Johnson was on TV telling us about it, with patriotic flags behind him and a trio of crisp propaganda slogans in front of him. I just couldn't understand why anybody would want to use a politician as a source of information, or why anybody watched it at all when they could instead have looked at what health professionals were saying. Even then of course there's no guarantee of undistorted truth, and one has to take everything with a pinch of salt, but why would anybody in their right mind start with such a dodgy source as a politician? And yet it seems they do, in droves.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 6:02 am

I get manipulated into starting world wars all of the time.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2021, 11:52 am

naturalplastic wrote:

You were hypnotised by your doctors and Nazis?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 2:51 pm

Technic1 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

You were hypnotised by your doctors and Nazis?

No.

By alien abductors.