Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2021, 6:26 pm

I'm feeling amazing. However I feel very anxious and irritable. I'm sleeping a lot but in a good way. I am feeling a bit out of it tbh. I feel like everything is kind of trippy.

I want to drink again.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 6:29 pm

Anxious, irritable but euphoric? That sounds like mania in my experience, although I generally don't get much sleep when I'm in that state which tend to reinforce the cycle.

Getting lots of sleep usually helps with getting closer to normal for me, but ymmv.

Ironically the day you post that you'd like to drink is the day that I visited the LCBO. :hic:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

enz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 6:37 pm

dont drink. call healthcare

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2021, 6:41 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Anxious, irritable but euphoric? That sounds like mania in my experience, although I generally don't get much sleep when I'm in that state which tend to reinforce the cycle.

Getting lots of sleep usually helps with getting closer to normal for me, but ymmv.

Ironically the day you post that you'd like to drink is the day that I visited the LCBO. :hic:

I am feeling all of those things. Its uncomfortable. It is overwhelming. It makes me just want to sleep. Sometimes I cant move properly because of my anxiety. So I just lay in bed.

I have not been to the liquor store in a long time. I'm tempted to go again one day.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 7:09 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
I am feeling all of those things. Its uncomfortable. It is overwhelming. It makes me just want to sleep. Sometimes I cant move properly because of my anxiety. So I just lay in bed.

I have not been to the liquor store in a long time. I'm tempted to go again one day.

I kinda wish the convenience store near my house didn't become an LCBO. It's a little too convenient. :oops:

Do you do anything to release anxiety and energy when you're wound up?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2021, 7:47 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:

I kinda wish the convenience store near my house didn't become an LCBO. It's a little too convenient. :oops:

I dont really have anything to do. I can't seem to focus on anything. I could go for a walk with my dog.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 8:08 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:

I dont really have anything to do. I can't seem to focus on anything. I could go for a walk with my dog.

A walk might be good, at least that's what my parents always tell me. :lol:

I think I can relate when it comes to not being able to focus. I struggle to maintain focus most of the time and when I'm wound up it's even harder. I end up with several things barely started or planned out and no work towards the actual goal because the next shiny thing grabs my attention.

Sometimes mental work helps more than physical work, so I'll write loads of lyrics or let myself get distracted by a problem I couldn't muster the energy for. That's probably when I'm the most prone to being combative with people too but I don't notice in the moment, just afterwards once I've gotten everyone pissed at me. :oops:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う