Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 2:35 pm

Quote:
From a woman's perspective, to have a random guy come up and ask you to kiss some other random guy, is damn bizarre. It immediately puts her on the spot and in an uncomfortable position (and for all she knows a dangerous one). So HELL YES it's normal for all of them to have said no.

Truth. I get it that kids often act/speak without stopping to think, I have four kids. I really get it :lol: But still, kids can fail to take into consideration how their words will impact others. Not only can such words be intimidating, but they can also make someone question what it was about them that made them singled out for that kind of question in the first place.

Quote:
It's not bizzarre during kissing games that young adults do sometimes when they get together. Girls will sometimes kiss a guy as a dare when they are going out.

I would agree with that if the group of people involved here were doing something like playing a voluntary game of spin the bottle or whatever. The OP has given no indication that was the case though. Unless, of course, I'm missing something here.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 May 2021, 12:19 am

I had a thought that perhaps the friends were trying to help him reach a right of passage. There can be a lot of peer-pressure sometimes for teens & preteens to meet certain milestones like getting their 1st kiss, getting their 1st relationship/date, & losing their virginity. Some think of you as a loser if you are way behind your peers with that type of stuff like is common with us Aspies. I'm suddenly thinking of the movie The 40-Year-Old Virgin where his friends feel the need to help him get laid after finding out he's a virgin. Now I'm thinking of the South Park ep where the boys pressure Butters to get his 1st kiss & they tell him that a girl is giving out kisses for money, I guess kinda like a kissing both thing except she she was keeping the money for herself instead of it going to a cause or being a fundraiser thing.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition