No to grad school for funny reason...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 2:43 pm

I had a meeting yesterday between the grad advisor and disability services.....

Disability Services mostly had big concerns about my physical disabilities and the fact the environmental program involves long hikes... In the winter and they hike in snowshoes cause the snows so deep...

I said I couldn't do that, but the grad advisor said they already figured it out, they would put me in a sled and have people pull me...

8O 8O :lol: :lol: :lol: :? :?

Ummm... No......

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm

"funny" sometimes means "odd", sometimes "humorous". In this case, does it mean both?

In any event, it's unfortunate that specific opening didn't work out (and didn't involve a snowmobile).

It sounds like they like you, though. Maybe there is another position coming there better suited for you?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 5:15 pm

Odd...

Anyway they were trying to accommodate the best they could! But ummm I don't wanna be pulled by other students in a sled :?

I'll make a seperate thread about jobs in that forum.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 5:18 pm

May I ask what your physical disabilities are? I'm surprised they haven't had to accommodate physical disabilities before but it seems like they tried to give you options. They can't supply an ATV or snowmobile that you can drive on your own? They can't modify the task so that you don't need to hike? I wouldn't give up grad school over it, myself. They have to find a solution if you have a physical disability requiring support.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2021, 5:23 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
May I ask what your physical disabilities are? I'm surprised they haven't had to accommodate physical disabilities before but it seems like they tried to give you options. They can't supply an ATV or snowmobile that you can drive on your own? They can't modify the task so that you don't need to hike? I wouldn't give up grad school over it, myself. They have to find a solution if you have a physical disability requiring support.

Yes, they suggested me doing seperate tasks and they I guess didn't think of a snowmobile?

I can walk, but long distances, in snow would be hard for me