Most men here cant get women because they lack confidence

Page 7 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 4:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Were the Aboriginals of Australian egalitarians? I know the Maori certainly weren't.

The aborigines of Australia have one of the most complex kinship systems known. Unlike New Guinea Melanesians and South Pacific islander people they generally avoided warfare by adopting complex sets of tribal treaties and laws.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 8:47 pm

Some of our females have fought in the wars, too.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 1:19 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

True, but that wouldn’t make us a less patriarchal species.
Violence and patriarchy are correlated.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 10:38 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

True, but that wouldn’t make us a less patriarchal species.
Violence and patriarchy are correlated.

1. How can you prove a correlation between violence and patriarchy if , as you claim, there are almost no matriarchal societies? You have no control group.

2 Correlation is therefore unproven, and regardless, it doesn't equal causation.

3. Just to take a few examples--Boudica, Elizabeth I, Catherine the Great, Indira Gandhi, Margaret Thatcher-- female leaders seem just as likely to go to war as male leaders. According to one study, from 1480 to 1913, just 18% of the world's leaders were female, but they were 27% more likely to go to war than male leaders.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 May 2021, 11:00 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
3. Just to take a few examples--Boudica, Elizabeth I, Catherine the Great, Indira Gandhi, Margaret Thatcher-- female leaders seem just as likely to go to war as male leaders. According to one study, from 1480 to 1913, just 18% of the world's leaders were female, but they were 27% more likely to go to war than male leaders.
Reminds me of this Dave Chappelle joke. Even if he is completely rite, it would still be a lot better than a war going on nonstop for years like many various male leaders have done :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 5:50 pm

Wow dudes...this thread has gone south....please stick to the topic....

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 6:50 pm

... Is that not how this thread started? Can anyone quote me anything positive?

I don't need to "get" people & people don't need to "get" me. Live & let live already, this is why so many of us are jumping ship on dating; everyone else can't seem to stop talking s**t & generalizing.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 10:17 pm

We care about what you're saying enough to tell you otherwise. We're not compelled to live on your terms, let it go.

My handicap, if you will, is social, nothing mental. Anyone has mental strengths & weaknesses. Your choice to judge others this way says something.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:11 am

:shrug: Telling guys how we should be is no less sexist than trying to dictate that for women, women do this too.

To what extent are we promoting a positive outlook here or is this thread just using sex to sell conformity?

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:19 am

PS this is not you giving me advice, this is you giving me s**t & me giving back advice.

I do not feel like acting macho & self-assured just to seem like a good guy. I'm not about it. All I want to do is be an OK dude ultimately, whatever it looks like, this is all too much OK?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 May 2021, 12:23 am

salad wrote:
Man are you actually trolling because your life is that boring or were you seriously attempting a genuine retort not realizing how stupid it sounds?
It is very common for a troll to accuse others of being the troll. It is called projecting. We should all LEAVE this thread now cuz it will be locked very soon

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:25 am

I don't think for a second women's interests are in guys objectifying our whole species this way.

I do not participate in a culture that basically reduces dating to eugenics. This is some really base reasoning going on here to call me a ret*d & an ingrate for not accepting guidance from OP in the same breath.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:37 am

nick007 wrote:
salad wrote:
Man are you actually trolling because your life is that boring or were you seriously attempting a genuine retort not realizing how stupid it sounds?
It is very common for a troll to accuse others of being the troll. It is called projecting. We should all LEAVE this thread now cuz it will be locked very soon

Buddy you just contradicted yourself since by insinuating im the troll for calling another a troll, using your BS logic that makes you a troll. Way to create a paradox out of a misguided assumption.

*Someone says something clearly stupid*

Me: "Stop trolling"

Stupid person: "sToP prOJEctInG"

Give me a break. This entire thread has literally been me being roasted and falsely accused of everything from being a sexist, a bigot, a male chauvinist, an objectifier of women, and all types of ridiculous BS, but somehow me telling some spazz on this forum to stop trolling makes me the troll?

Sometimes I forget im on a forum for the socially impaired and less intelligent because this thread has actually given me brain cancer from how stupid the members on this forum have been. :roll: :roll:

Ill remember next time I ever post something on this forum to use pictures and reading aids to help the less intelligent on this forum understand basic messages.

Master Oogway

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:58 am

We know exactly what you're saying, we also have the balls to know it's not a recipe for equality.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 1:36 am

cberg wrote:
We know exactly what you're saying, we also have the balls to know it's not a recipe for equality.

Virtue signaling at its finest. :roll:

Master Oogway

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 May 2021, 2:29 am

Locked for review.
ED: After the review, the thread stays locked.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>