29 Apr 2021, 7:58 am

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... t-country/

Tim Scott Sets the Record Straight!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 8:01 am

Tim Scott's opinions are full of sh███.

America was founded as a dominion of wealthy white males who owned slaves stolen from Africa.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Apr 2021, 8:03 am

Fnord wrote:
America was founded as a dominion of wealthy white males who owned slaves stolen from Africa.
With a help of genocides of native peoples.

Now, what can we do about it today? Facing these facts would be a good start, I think, but the question remains open.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 8:33 am

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
With a help of genocides of native peoples.  Now, what can we do about it today? Facing these facts would be a good start, I think, but the question remains open.
"We" as in "Americans" or "We" as in "All members of this website"?

For my part, I educate people on America's leucocentric origins.  For some, it comes as a shock.  For others ... I may as well try to convince an Evangelical Christian that the Bible was not originally written in English.

:roll: ("BLASPHEMY!!  Don't you DARE blaspheme my Lord!  Get thee behind me, Satan!  Get thee behind me!)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 8:44 am

Fnord wrote:
Tim Scott's opinions are full of sh███.

Incorrect.
The African slaves were bought from African slave traders. It was big business back in the day. Tribes would capture other tribes or individuals and sell them to whoever wanted them.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Apr 2021, 8:44 am

I can use "we" only in the latter meaning.
However, both are valid.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 8:47 am

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Now, what can we do about it today?
Facing these facts would be a good start, I think, but the question remains open.

Exactly.
Do we move on to become better or do we fight racism with more grievance and more racism? The left seems bent on creating division between any and all groups of people with chaos ensuing.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 8:50 am

Maybe in the start, the intention was different but it most certainly is now along with the UK and all the other racist nations. Not being able to accept some other cultures, religions, and skin colour is truly unintelligent. But all that is down to bad parenting and education.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 8:54 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
With a help of genocides of native peoples.  Now, what can we do about it today?  Facing these facts would be a good start, I think, but the question remains open.
Exactly.  Do we move on to become better or do we fight racism with more grievance and more racism? The left seems bent on creating division between any and all groups of people with chaos ensuing.
We work to become better by not replacing one form of bigotry with another; for instance, by not replacing bigotry against Africans, Asians, and Hispanics with bigotry against The Left.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 8:56 am

Making a claim is the same as making an accurate observation. You'd be better off claiming America has a dragon in their garage, at least we haven't all seen proof otherwise.

America is NOT a Racist Country (so long as you're willing to ignore and make excuses for all the racism).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 9:04 am

Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
With a help of genocides of native peoples.  Now, what can we do about it today?  Facing these facts would be a good start, I think, but the question remains open.
Exactly.  Do we move on to become better or do we fight racism with more grievance and more racism? The left seems bent on creating division between any and all groups of people with chaos ensuing.
We work to become better by not replacing one form of bigotry with another; for instance, by not replacing bigotry against Africans, Asians, and Hispanics with bigotry against The Left.

Deflection
"The Left" is not an immutable characteristic, just bad ideas that don't work in the real world. I think all points of view should be given a fair hearing an the best will rise to the top.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 9:04 am

funeralxempire wrote:
... America is NOT a Racist Country (so long as you're willing to ignore and make excuses for all the racism).
Republicans are NOT corrupt (so long as you ignore all the bribes, cronyism, graft, nepotism, and outright theft).

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 9:05 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Making a claim is the same as making an accurate observation. You'd be better off claiming America has a dragon in their garage, at least we haven't all seen proof otherwise.

America is NOT a Racist Country (so long as you're willing to ignore and make excuses for all the racism).

How is it racist? We had a black president for 8 years. The left wants to claim that America is racist to pit Americans against each other.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 9:12 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

How is it racist? We had a black president for 8 years. The left wants to claim that America is racist to pit Americans against each other.

America elected a black president and immediately the seedy underbelly began smearing him as an anti-American foreigner.

He was replaced by a guy who openly courted white supremacists and leaned into xenophobic hate speech. Did you miss all the traitor's rags at his rallies? Did you miss the guys marching in brown shirts and red arm bands?

There's a long history of worshipping the Lost Cause and all of the evils that came with it.

Genocide against indigenous peoples was repeatedly committed and no attempts to apologize or recognize these wrongs has ever been made.

Are you really this unaware of history or just pretending to be so you can pretend to be offended by reality?

Your case so far seems to be 'Obama got elected, therefore no racism'. That's a terribly weak argument.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 10:47 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Now, what can we do about it today?
Facing these facts would be a good start, I think, but the question remains open.

Exactly.
Do we move on to become better or do we fight racism with more grievance and more racism? The left seems bent on creating division between any and all groups of people with chaos ensuing.

Well I could argue against that, but I will try a different approach this time...What is the right doing to bring people together? What are they doing to reach across the aisle like they complain the left and democrats aren't doing enough? I certainly don't feel welcome to the party, the left certainly seems less intimidating and more diverse.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 10:51 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

America elected a black president and immediately the seedy underbelly began smearing him as an anti-American foreigner.

He was replaced by a guy who openly courted white supremacists and leaned into xenophobic hate speech. Did you miss all the traitor's rags at his rallies? Did you miss the guys marching in brown shirts and red arm bands?

There's a long history of worshipping the Lost Cause and all of the evils that came with it.

Genocide against indigenous peoples was repeatedly committed and no attempts to apologize or recognize these wrongs has ever been made.

Are you really this unaware of history or just pretending to be so you can pretend to be offended by reality?

Your case so far seems to be 'Obama got elected, therefore no racism'. That's a terribly weak argument.

This might be a good premise for some alt-world sic-fi novel but it bears little resemblance to reality.