North Shore Preschool / Willet Avenue School

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Shoneh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Apr 2021, 11:38 am

Has anyone here ever heard of a preschool called North Shore that was located in Hicksville, NY? It existed circa 1992 but apparently no longer does. The only trace of it that I could find on the Internet was a phone book entry showing that its address is the same as what's now the Willet Avenue School, a school for children with disabilities, especially autism. I'm trying to get a clear answer on whether or not North Shore was a school for children with special needs. I made phone calls yesterday to the Willet Avenue School, Nassau BOCES, and the Hicksville Public Schools, but apparently it's been gone long enough that no one knows anything and most of the people had never even heard of the place.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 11:46 am

Easy.

Willet Avenue School 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Shoneh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Apr 2021, 12:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
Easy.

Willet Avenue School 

Yeah, that's what exists today. I'm trying to figure out whether or not what was there 28 years ago was a school for children with special needs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 12:08 pm

They currently display the following:

"Nassau BOCES' Special Education Preschool Programs provide educational and therapeutic services to young children with developmental delays or disabilities. For children ages birth to 5, our programs, which are approved by the New York State Education Department and the Nassau County Health Department, utilize best practices in early childhood education, while addressing the unique, therapeutic need of each student."

Unless you can provide the old address, you would have to contact the new school directly to find out.

I have done all I can to help you.

Good luck.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Shoneh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Apr 2021, 12:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
They currently display the following:

"Nassau BOCES' Special Education Preschool Programs provide educational and therapeutic services to young children with developmental delays or disabilities. For children ages birth to 5, our programs, which are approved by the New York State Education Department and the Nassau County Health Department, utilize best practices in early childhood education, while addressing the unique, therapeutic need of each student."

Unless you can provide the old address, you would have to contact the new school directly to find out.

I have done all I can to help you.

Good luck.

I appreciate your attempt. My hope was that there might be other alumni or parents of alumni on the site here if it was in fact a school for children with special needs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2021, 12:20 pm

It IS a school for "special need" students -- just look at the website!

Shoneh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Apr 2021, 12:30 pm

Fnord wrote:
It IS a school for "special need" students -- just look at the website!

Today it is. It was a different school that was there 28 years ago, and I'm trying to figure out whether that was a school for children with special needs.