Update on Blint and it looks promising. :)

Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 6:09 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
superboyian wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
When you see her next tell her we hope she is doing well. :)

I have mentioned you guys, she says thanks so much for your support.

Good. I am glad she is improving. I realize that it is quite a thing to come back from.
You must have gone through quite a lot of worrying etc. I hope all goes smoothly now so you do not have too much worry and all goes well from here on.

Ever since, I've been having great anxieties and have been very worried.

She also asked me to upload this, but this will automatically delete by tomorrow as I don't feel comfortable leaving it online.
As you can see, they did remove half the skull, I don't know when they will put it back or put a metallic one?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 6:14 pm

superboyian wrote:
She also asked me to upload this, but this will automatically delete by tomorrow as I don't feel comfortable leaving it online.

Well, while it is there, Hey, hello! :D
Glad you are still here to take a magically disappearing photo of!

Yikes, that was a serious surgery.
Life and healing to you.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 6:21 pm

That looks serious but I hope she's on the path towards a good recovery.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 6:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
That looks serious but I hope she's on the path towards a good recovery.

It was very serious and thankfully, yes she is on the path to a good recovery. Still somewhat bed bound but very confident that she will pull through this.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 6:34 pm

It is amazing what they can do today. She is in safe hands. :)

I find it amazing how it is possible to work on ones brain. I actually have a neighbour who does that as her job.

I will stick to trains I think. :D I don't think it would be good for me to work on her brain. :P. She would end up patched together with modrock or something like that (Modrock is used for model railway scenery).

I will stick to trains. Leave the experts do the surgery.

I am soo glad she is on the mend. :) It makes me happy!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 7:08 pm

She's as beautiful as ever!

I didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

Sending more strength for you both. You can do this!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 7:37 pm

I’m glad she has excellent support from you.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 27 May 2021, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 7:54 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
She's as beautiful as ever!

I didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

Sending more strength for you both. You can do this!

She is so beautiful regardless, massive thank you. :D

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2021, 4:16 pm

Blint is amazing, and has been through soo much! She’s incredibly brave, beautiful, strong, and humble. I love
how you both have such a positive impact on each other. That’s precious. Thanks for keeping us updated. Love & Gentle Hugs to you both. :)

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2021, 8:05 pm

Juliette wrote:
Blint is amazing, and has been through soo much! She’s incredibly brave, beautiful, strong, and humble. I love
how you both have such a positive impact on each other. That’s precious. Thanks for keeping us updated. Love & Gentle Hugs to you both. :)

I can simply agree with all of the above and in a strange way, we do.

Hugs in return to you too.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 6:39 am

New update: She is under going physio sessions on a daily basis and is now able to walk again but with assistance. Went to visit once again, it was such a pleasure as always. Will be going back again on Tuesday.

Although it’s been emotionally difficult for the both of us, it has been a real journey.

It’s definitely looking promising.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 7:26 am

Quite a journey! We take for granted the abilities that our brain does and the way it communicates with our body.

When I had the last burnout, my brain was glitching... At one point I remember standing in the middle of the customer carpark in front of where I worked, and I had completely forgotton how to walk. I was standing there not knowing what to do, and it took a while for me to figure it out. I kinda watched someone walk in the distance and thought "I have to put one foot forward... " then for a moment I had to choose which foot as making decisions is something I found difficult after that last burnout... Actually making decisions effects me a bit to this day where in the past I would just decide and that would be it.

So lets hope she can recover all her abilities and grow new improved braincells to replace any that were damaged or lost.

It is surprizing what we take for granted and done even comprehend what it is like until ones abilities come under threat.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 2:50 pm

She’s going to make it! I can sense it.

Have you read stories of other people who have gone through rehab after a stroke? Especially if the person is young, like Blint?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 4:51 pm

superboyian wrote:
New update: She is under going physio sessions on a daily basis and is now able to walk again but with assistance. Went to visit once again, it was such a pleasure as always. Will be going back again on Tuesday.

Although it’s been emotionally difficult for the both of us, it has been a real journey.

YAY! :heart: I'm so happy to know she's making this progress, and that you've been able to visit again.

I did stroke rehab in hospital, all day M/W/F for a full year. It included Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language, and Vestibular Rehab for balance. The nurses were incredibly talented and I saw many other patients progress from a limited prognosis to near-miraculous recovery. I'm sure Blint is in good hands. It's likely she'll need a rollator walker or possibly a scooter but it's still amazing to hear how well she is recovering.

Hugs hugs hugs and a few more hugs!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 4:53 pm

Isabella is an excellent source.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2021, 6:32 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
superboyian wrote:

YAY! :heart: I'm so happy to know she's making this progress, and that you've been able to visit again.

I did stroke rehab in hospital, all day M/W/F for a full year. It included Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language, and Vestibular Rehab for balance. The nurses were incredibly talented and I saw many other patients progress from a limited prognosis to near-miraculous recovery. I'm sure Blint is in good hands. It's likely she'll need a rollator walker or possibly a scooter but it's still amazing to hear how well she is recovering.

Hugs hugs hugs and a few more hugs!

I’m certain she is in good hands, her recovery seems to be going nice too. She probably may need a Walker for the time being.

We did take pictures though of our moment but since it’s personal between me and her, I’ll happily respect her decision unless she feels happy to share herself.