Update on Blint and it looks promising. :)

Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 6:52 pm

I've decided to create a follow up thread regarding Blint.

As some of you know, she's a relatively regular member whom I consider my best friend both here and IRL. She had a stroke around the 8th April but only found out about that on the 14th.

Since then, she was unable to talk and is unable to move her right side of her body.

Up until today, I decided to just call her to just talk to her just to at least attempt to get her to talk again but as it seems. She ACTUALLY regained her speech, of course not 100% but at least she's able to talk. She still pretty much remembers everything. It was only just yesterday or 2 days ago I've heard that she wouldn't be able to regain her speech again for another good couple of months.

Thank you ever so much for your support during this hard times, both me and her are ever so grateful for it.

Will also be doing a video call with her tomorrow to see how that goes.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 6:58 pm

That's pretty nifty, indeed.

She's well on her way to recovery! She regained conversational speech after 3 weeks.....which is probably better than what was expected.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 7:05 pm

:drunken: :drunken: :drunken: Blint is a rock star! Congrats!! !! I knew she'd speak again!! !!

(... and you're not so bad yourself, Ian!) ^ :wink:

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 7:06 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
That's pretty nifty, indeed.

She's well on her way to recovery! She regained conversational speech after 3 weeks.....which is probably better than what was expected.

That's the part that shocked me. She was so extremely happy to hear from me.
Although still unfortunately unable to use her right side at the moment.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 7:12 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

:drunken: :drunken: :drunken: Blint is a rock star! Congrats!! ! ! I knew she'd speak again!! ! !

(... and you're not so bad yourself, Ian!) ^ :wink:

She's a real fighter. :ninja:

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 7:54 pm

superboyian wrote:
She ACTUALLY regained her speech, of course not 100% but at least she's able to talk. She still pretty much remembers everything. It was only just yesterday or 2 days ago I've heard that she wouldn't be able to regain her speech again for another good couple of months.

YIPPEEEEEEEE! :D :heart:

Oh that is tremendous news! :D :heart:

Peace and strength and health and healing to you both.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 8:17 pm

This is amazing news! I'm so glad to hear that she can speak better now, and that she has her memory still. :D

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 8:36 pm

That is Wondeful News! Please tell Blint we’re thinking of her and sending :heart:, prayers and strength in her recovery. Hope you’re doing better now too, Ian. Thanks for keeping us updated.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 8:42 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
superboyian wrote:
She ACTUALLY regained her speech, of course not 100% but at least she's able to talk. She still pretty much remembers everything. It was only just yesterday or 2 days ago I've heard that she wouldn't be able to regain her speech again for another good couple of months.

YIPPEEEEEEEE! :D :heart:

Oh that is tremendous news! :D :heart:

Peace and strength and health and healing to you both.

Thank you so much. :)

Juliette wrote:
That is Wondeful News! Please tell Blint we’re thinking of her and sending :heart:, prayers and strength in her recovery. Hope you’re doing better now too, Ian. Thanks for keeping us updated.

I feel lighter in myself, felt a big weight lifted off my shoulders since hearing that news, was just so happy, I don't even have the words to express the feeling.

Should hopefully be able to sleep better at nights.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 8:49 pm

^^ So good to hear, Ian. 8)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2021, 11:20 pm

I'm glad to hear she's recovering quickly.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2021, 5:15 pm

Today, as promised I was able to have a video call with her. I decided not to screenshot, was gonna originally ask but decided it wouldn’t be right to do so. It is a struggle for her to multitask and her thought process at the moment is slow.

She really is going through a lot at the moment, but it was really interesting. It definitely cheered her up for sure.

It was an emotional experience what she is going through but very glad that she’s making a speedy recovery.

Next, will have to make an appointment to go there, since it’s on a visitor basis.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2021, 5:32 pm

superboyian wrote:
Today, as promised I was able to have a video call with her. I decided not to screenshot, was gonna originally ask but decided it wouldn’t be right to do so.

Sounds like you did the wise thing.
Expecting you already have done so, I'm still going to say, do let her know we're all pulling for her & are really encouraged by this good news heading in a recovery direction. :D

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 6:39 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
superboyian wrote:
Today, as promised I was able to have a video call with her. I decided not to screenshot, was gonna originally ask but decided it wouldn’t be right to do so.

Sounds like you did the wise thing.
Expecting you already have done so, I'm still going to say, do let her know we're all pulling for her & are really encouraged by this good news heading in a recovery direction. :D

I’ve already let her know about 20 minutes ago and she knows this loud and clear. 8) Also says a massive thanks to you all.

She’s clearly sounded much more happier as of recent every time I’ve called her or she called me. Its almost like she’s back to her old self prior to 2 years ago. So much happier.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 8:14 am

Seems like they also want to do further surgery that I’ve heard, I guess this scares me even more, really hoping this doesn’t fail.

Is this common for anyone with a stroke to have this operation where they have to cut open the top part of the skull?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:38 pm

Sweet Peas :mrgreen:

Fat little Om Nom hugs for you both :mrgreen: :P