Why did Christianity spawn the most evil people in history

Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 4:01 am

salad wrote:
I think the Christianity Jesus taught is a wonderful force for good and one of the greatest gifts to the world. I just think based on my experience in America many white Christians follow a form of Christianity totally divorced from the spiritual message of love and peace and politicize it into a hateful identity politics cult of nationalism that puts many people like me off.

Yes I think Jesus referred to these types as "lukewarm" followers of Christ. They think they are going to a whites-only heaven.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2021, 5:38 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Did Christianity spawn violent people or did violent people use Christianity as a tool for their violence?

This Exactly .

if you Consider the Following Behaviours Since Christs Death . I Can Only Assume Bhuddism is the Closest Religion to True Christ Like Behaviour

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 6:09 am

cbd wrote:
Did Christianity spawn violent people or did violent people use Christianity as a tool for their violence?

This Exactly .

if you Consider the Following Behaviours Since Christs Death . I Can Only Assume Bhuddism is the Closest Religion to True Christ Like Behaviour

Quote:
Harada Daiun Sogaku: "[If ordered to] march: tramp, tramp, or shoot: bang, bang. This is the manifestation of the highest Wisdom [of Enlightenment]. The unity of Zen and war of which I speak extends to the farthest reaches of the holy war [now under way].

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_at_War

The Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, exhibited Christ-like behaviour. Or rather, Jesus showed Buddha-like behaviour, if you respect the chronology. But a religion as a belief system for an individual looking for answers and a religion as shared mythology to glue together a society are different things.

500 years ago the monk Martin Luther went public with his accusations of corruption against the catholic church and started his own branch, protestantism, ehich focusses on a personal relationship with god and a more spartan lifestyle. And today Protestants meet in mega churches and the priests collect money for private jets.

A good religious text is like the Bhagavad Gita: it preaches devotion and peacefulness, but can be read as a marching order to exterminate your enemy, loot towns and rape women.

You can build a society on a text like that!

enz
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 6:33 am

cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
But let's be real: Muhammad being in the same caliber and tier as history's worst monsters is a bloody joke. And I mean bloody joke. Even though Muhammad had flaws at least many of his flaws were either common to the time,

To be honest I have no admiration of islam or the arabs for the exact reason you provided.

Think about it, if their philosophy is 1300 years old then the mindset of adherents is dangerously medieval and not with the modern times. Any wonder why so many arab states didn't give up slavery till the 1970s.

One of the only muslims I respect was the late Malcolm X. Through him I understood islamic philosophy (on paper at least) has at its core a universal brotherhood. There are echos of this in the writing of the poets Rumi and Khalil Gibran,

But unfortunately arab racism is no way any better than European racism. I could never contemplate having anything in common with people who claim to be muslims. At least European missionaries bought education/technology to the rest of the world.

I think your going off the media and stuff that’s written and not on first hand experience with arabs and muslims. Nicest guy I met was a Muslim from Afghanistan.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 May 2021, 7:40 am

enz wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
But let's be real: Muhammad being in the same caliber and tier as history's worst monsters is a bloody joke. And I mean bloody joke. Even though Muhammad had flaws at least many of his flaws were either common to the time,

To be honest I have no admiration of islam or the arabs for the exact reason you provided.

Think about it, if their philosophy is 1300 years old then the mindset of adherents is dangerously medieval and not with the modern times. Any wonder why so many arab states didn't give up slavery till the 1970s.

One of the only muslims I respect was the late Malcolm X. Through him I understood islamic philosophy (on paper at least) has at its core a universal brotherhood. There are echos of this in the writing of the poets Rumi and Khalil Gibran,

But unfortunately arab racism is no way any better than European racism. I could never contemplate having anything in common with people who claim to be muslims. At least European missionaries bought education/technology to the rest of the world.

I think your going off the media and stuff that’s written and not on first hand experience with arabs and muslims. Nicest guy I met was a Muslim from Afghanistan.

No Doubt .

We Can't Suggest Religion is Wrong or Has a Fixed Result . it's The Use of a Tool Not The Tool itself .

a Gun Can Be Involved in Mass Shootings or it Can Protect the Greater Good of a Community from Destructive Vigilance 8)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 11:11 am

cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
To compare the Christian treatment of minorities to the Muslim treatment of minorities is a very ahistorical thesis that no serious historian would ever entertain. No matter how inferior the status of Dhimmis in Islamic lands were they at least were unmolested by the state and allowed to exist and prosper. Christians eradicated their minorities. .

The exact nature of treatment is different but minorities have been "molested" under both type of empires run by christian or muslim.

Your claim that Dhimmis were unmolested in their state is incorrect. Here's just a few examples;
- The prophet Muhammad himself ordered the genocide of innocent jews as retribution
- Turks murdered millions of innocent Armenians
- Egyptian muslims have been harassing and abducting children from coptic families, especially girls
- Pakistani muslims have been harassing hindus and christians, again christian and kalash girls have been abducted
- Iran attempted to genocide of bahais
- ISIS attempted the genocide of Yazidi people

You keep saying christians eradicated their minorities but that simply isn't true (I think you know this). Europeans committed genocide (Australians have a poor record themselves) but they did not eradicate all minorities.

By the same token I support the Rohingya muslims and muslims in Sri Lanka in their fight to survive who have been subject to attacks by buddhist extremists. Buddhism is also supposed to be a religion (or philosophy) of peace. I notice arabs do not care about the plight of non-white muslims.

Just because somebody calls themselves a christian or a buddhist does not make them peaceful

The Islamic conquest was so intolerant to the point it even eradicated most local languages too.

What happened to all other Semitic languages?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 12:06 pm

All i Will Suggest is 'You' Won't Learn Nearly as Much

About Humans From Books From Different Cultures

As You Will When You actually Interact With them

'In Real Time' Breathing Now; FlesH and Blood Is Yes, Best too...

Both The Bible and Quran Are Hugely Tribal Bloody Books Including

The New Testament From Back to Front too As Again Don't Forget the

Part in Both Books About an All Loving Forgiving Narcissist Like Trump

Demanding Worship And Scolding Any Criticism VARYING FROM 'HIS'

'RULE'/Rules With Penalty

Of Burning

Firing

Torturing

Forever Even

Trump Had No Way

To Match That Story

Of Obvious Ghost Authoring

Psychopathic Narcissistic Leaning Disorder

Of Whatever 'Incel' Then Who Wrote The Story

Who Was Mad At Women And Wanted to Control

Their Reproductive Freedoms Now Calling the Free Spirited

Women, Then Choosing Their Flavor or Flavors of Mates, Eves/Liliths Instead of 'SL8ts'...

Not everyone Has A Personality Disorder(s), Obviously Like The Ghost Author Writers With
Famous Pen Names Like Mark, Matthew, Luke, Or John, Or Just Another Dude Paul Like Any Dude

Named Saul First Who Falls Down Gets Knocked Out And Starts to Have Visions As Such And Writes About 'em too...

Staying In A Cave too Long And Plagiarizing What Was Said before, Taking 23 Years and More Than That (Centuries)

to Get it Put in an 80,000 Word Book Isn't very impressive, to me at least, either with a Limited

Vocabulary of 2000 Words; 800,000 Words in the Other Book Yawn

i Knock That Clear Out of the Park Every 7 Months As such; Anyway

The Other Books

Mostly About

We aRe

The Very

Best Tribe

With The Best

Quarterback And

Last One And Best one too...

Let Me Be clear Again Not Everyone

Has the Personality Disorders of the

Books, The Priests, And Other Politicians Still Controlling

The Stories; Some Folks Are Filled With Love No matter what

SH8T They Get Spoon Filled For At Birth And 'You' Have to Be Totally

Blind (Or Perhaps Filled With Blind Faith Refusing Change to See New)
to See There is Both A Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Jesus With A Personality

Disorder Written into the Bible too; You Don't Turn the Other Cheek, Love Your

Enemy The Same As You Love God And Turn Around (Spinning Your Head Around Like That
Little Girl In the Exorcist Movie, Before She Spewed Green Puke) And Transform those Who

Don't Do It; From a Metaphor of Sheep into Goats in 'Matthew Pen Name' And Burn Them

In Torture Forever unless You are a Literal Psychopath As That Story Would Never Even

Sell Now

If Stephen

King Made It Up

As It is Just too Psychopathic And Horrible...

Of Course Unless You Find Someone Gullible

Enough to Believe That Love is Hate; Love Is Hate; Love Is Hate; ALL A Trinity of Two Statements

of Such in Books; Give me a Break, Love Never Tortures Someone Forever And (Mr. Hyde Jesus) Says He Does...

As Reported By Pen Name Matthew According to Whatever Ghost Author Then Thousands Of Years Ago Made

Up the Words;

That's

Truly 'Inane';

Humans Aren't

Rational Otherwise

Billion of People Wouldn't

Swallow the Biggest Foolish most

Ridiculous Nightmare Lie Ever Conceived By 'Rational Humans';

Ha! That Should Be Enough Without People Actually Believing it! OMG!

Worse Than Any Q-Anon Conspiracy Theory Imaginable Yet Folks Still

Take 'The First/Last Gas Chamber Ride' to Heaven After Death Never Finding it on

(Again 'the Twilight Zone' Episode About the Bible Being A Cook Book Recipe for HeLL ON Earth)

Earth Eternally

Now Where

Even

Science Shows

You Can And Will

If You Do in Autotelic

Meditative Bliss of Flow
Within; Luke 17:21, One of

Few Words of Truth in the Whole DAMNED BOOK...

Make it No Doubt; Both Books Spew The Most Horrible Evil oF ALL;

Not ALL Folks Fall to it; No NOT All Folks Need 'Big Daddy' To Tell Them What

To Do Now; Particularly Women; From What i have Seen The Dudes Mostly Keep

Their Mouth Shut as Love (God) is So Far Beyond Their Purview It Doesn't Even Exist For

Them; Yet For Those Who Breathe Love Free, No Book oF Lies Will Stop The Love Train From

Running Full Steam...

No Matter
Clothed

In Lies

Its Been Housed in DarK Its Whole Life; Light Shines Through

Still Now; Love Wins Yet only 'Win' Love Breathes For Real Now...

Blah, Blah, Blah; when i go (Study/Visit) to Church if the Song

Sounds Positive And Love; The Words Mean Nothing to Me As Soon

As the Sounds Don't Sound Like Love; Exit Out the Left Stage Door i'll Never Return...

Until i Return

to See

If Love

Has Returned Again...

If Love is There, The Words Can

Go to Hell as Far As i'm Concerned...

The Music And Dance Trumps All Lyrics Including

Mine OR Whatever IT IS A 2 Year-Old Child is Singing

About Un-intelligibly In Bliss Or Dance With No Lessons

Nirvana Is Real; All the Words Are Welcome By me to Go to Hell...

As Usually

In Most

Cases

That's 'Where'
'They' Live As Illusion;
Hallucinations We Create, Housed too...

Yeah, Ya Gotta Look Deep Within To Truly Win
This Human Play/Game FOR REAL BREATHING NOW

SeNSinG FeeLinG

Yes

Luke

17:21

For the

Win Yet Sadly

It Offers No Clue How

To Do it; Buddhism and

The Tao On the Other Hand Do

Provide A Song And Dance That Works Eternally Now..

Go South East Asia! Where God (ALL) in Human First Spoke

Written in Sanskrit in Paradise Green With Plenty of Monsoon Rain
to Drink; True, You Usually Don't Find 'God'/Bliss until Ya Find A Garden of Eden

Out of the Desert Within;
And On the Outside too

Hell Yes Location,

Location, Location IN ABUNDANT

BALANCE too Anyway BACK TO SANSKRIT

NOW, 7,000 Years Ago; Longer Than Some
'Christians' Believe The Earth Has Been in Existence; Haha...

SEEK AND YOU WiLL FIND DEEPER AND LONGER NOW iNDEED..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 4:14 pm

enz wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:

Should have been more specific, I am talking about sharing beliefs with those who take the literal word as fact (so technically practicing muslims), I lived in a muslim country for three years and met some of the best people from all over the muslim world. You know when you meet a "true" musliim because they are taught in mosques to keep away from unbelievers like myself lest I corrupt their hearts.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 4:16 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
To compare the Christian treatment of minorities to the Muslim treatment of minorities is a very ahistorical thesis that no serious historian would ever entertain. No matter how inferior the status of Dhimmis in Islamic lands were they at least were unmolested by the state and allowed to exist and prosper. Christians eradicated their minorities. .

The exact nature of treatment is different but minorities have been "molested" under both type of empires run by christian or muslim.

Your claim that Dhimmis were unmolested in their state is incorrect. Here's just a few examples;
- The prophet Muhammad himself ordered the genocide of innocent jews as retribution
- Egyptian muslims have been harassing and abducting children from coptic families, especially girls
- Pakistani muslims have been harassing hindus and christians, again christian and kalash girls have been abducted

You keep saying christians eradicated their minorities but that simply isn't true (I think you know this). Europeans committed genocide (Australians have a poor record themselves) but they did not eradicate all minorities.

By the same token I support the Rohingya muslims and muslims in Sri Lanka in their fight to survive who have been subject to attacks by buddhist extremists. Buddhism is also supposed to be a religion (or philosophy) of peace. I notice arabs do not care about the plight of non-white muslims.

Just because somebody calls themselves a christian or a buddhist does not make them peaceful

The Islamic conquest was so intolerant to the point it even eradicated most local languages too.

Not in South-East Asia though.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 4:17 pm

shlaifu wrote:
cbd wrote:

This Exactly .

Quote:
Harada Daiun Sogaku: "[If ordered to] march: tramp, tramp, or shoot: bang, bang. This is the manifestation of the highest Wisdom [of Enlightenment]. The unity of Zen and war of which I speak extends to the farthest reaches of the holy war [now under way].

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_at_War

The Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama, exhibited Christ-like behaviour. Or rather, Jesus showed Buddha-like behaviour, if you respect the chronology. But a religion as a belief system for an individual looking for answers and a religion as shared mythology to glue together a society are different things.

500 years ago the monk Martin Luther went public with his accusations of corruption against the catholic church and started his own branch, protestantism, ehich focusses on a personal relationship with god and a more spartan lifestyle. And today Protestants meet in mega churches and the priests collect money for private jets.

A good religious text is like the Bhagavad Gita: it preaches devotion and peacefulness, but can be read as a marching order to exterminate your enemy, loot towns and rape women.

You can build a society on a text like that!

In regard to Luther: he actually hadn't gone off to start his own faith, but had been excommunicated by the corrupt churchmen he protested against, resulting in much of Europe north of the Alps breaking away to follow him or other reformers.
The Protestantism Luther had founded is best represented by mainline Protestant churches today (Lutherans, Anglican Communion, Congregationalists, Presbyterians, and others), whereas evangelical megachurches of today have more in common with the Anabaptists and Arminians who represented the radical extremists of Luther's day.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 4:28 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:

They certainly vanished or were assimilated by some method, but I'm not sure it was by force. Is there documentation of force being used?

The North African Romance language persisted for centuries after Islam conquered North Africa, but it was substantially different than Arabic. Aramaic might have been easier to assimilate because it and Arabic share more in common, if the 'prestige language' influences the 'common tongue' to the point they become largely indistinguishable the long-term result will be the prestige language replacing the common one.

Latin speakers likely didn't need to impose their language on their neighbouring Italic speakers by force, their influence eventually made all of those languages into dialects and eventually they assimilated entirely.

I'd venture that the way Arabic replaced other Semitic languages was due to shared similarities. If it wasn't then how did Iranic and other non-Semitic languages persist?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 4:34 pm

Semitic languages are so similar that even Jesus himself spoke Aramaic which is a dialect that is close to Arabic. Berber is still spoken in north Africa while the east African muslims still speak Cushitic languages.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 8:23 pm

salad wrote:
However atheism is amoral deductively, because the nature of atheism being simply the repudiation of religion does not by definition offer a moral system. That doesnt mean atheists are amoral, but atheism is amoral the same way the ideology that rejects leprechauns is amoral but you and I as presumed leprechaun rejecters scribe to our own morals.

Atheism is NOT simply the repudiation of religion. That elevates religion to a height it doesn't warrant in Atheist circles. Atheists never believed religion was important enough to need repudiating in the first place. They have their own morals that are based on non-theological concepts of right and wrong, i.e. without any weird beard characters in ancient storybooks needing to be involved.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2021, 8:51 pm

cbd wrote:
enz wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:

No Doubt .

We Can't Suggest Religion is Wrong or Has a Fixed Result . it's The Use of a Tool Not The Tool itself .

a Gun Can Be Involved in Mass Shootings or it Can Protect the Greater Good of a Community from Destructive Vigilance 8)

whatever is in a person's heart often gets brought out by religion. kinda scary

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 7:12 am

Atheism, merely, is the lack of a belief in deities.

Atheism, by itself, takes no position on morality; hence, it is “amoral” in its literal definition, but is not “amoral” in spirit.

There is quite a lot of room for morality within atheism.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 7:17 am

Christianity is not to blame for the Rwandan Genocide.

Ethnic hatred, brewing over hundreds of years, was the prime instigator.