I don't like when others info-dump. 11%  11%  [ 5 ]
Info-dumping causes issues for me. 20%  20%  [ 9 ]
I don't have any issues due to info-dumping. 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 45

Something Profound
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2021, 12:26 am

I tend to info dump, but in some situations I find myself having difficulty conveying what I mean to, or find that other people do not like my info dumping. When I was young somebody told me the "rules" for having a conversation, which I was amazed at, and I have found it useful in socializing (and not having people be irritated by your conversation as often), and I call to mind that conversation frequently.

Sadly I am not sure I could convey these rules to anyone else since I find that not even people I would classify as NT follow these rules, and I sometimes get an odd reaction when I refer to it.

Anyway, as I said, info dumping sometimes causes me problems, but I also have a very very hard time with other people info dumping. Not necessarily in terms of giving info, but I find that it is exhausting when other people go into huge monologue that especially focuses on things to do with emotional or social problems. I have a hard enough time with my own stuff, and because I absorb so much information, when other people "unload" their stressful day or their emotions on me, I get worn out really easily.

but that seems a norm among people, so I try to cope with it. Not easily.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 3:21 am

Only when I am either trying to be helpful or I am excited.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 3:24 am

Something Profound wrote:
I tend to info dump, but in some situations I find myself having difficulty conveying what I mean to, or find that other people do not like my info dumping. When I was young somebody told me the "rules" for having a conversation, which I was amazed at, and I have found it useful in socializing (and not having people be irritated by your conversation as often), and I call to mind that conversation frequently.

Sadly I am not sure I could convey these rules to anyone else since I find that not even people I would classify as NT follow these rules, and I sometimes get an odd reaction when I refer to it.

Anyway, as I said, info dumping sometimes causes me problems, but I also have a very very hard time with other people info dumping. Not necessarily in terms of giving info, but I find that it is exhausting when other people go into huge monologue that especially focuses on things to do with emotional or social problems. I have a hard enough time with my own stuff, and because I absorb so much information, when other people "unload" their stressful day or their emotions on me, I get worn out really easily.

but that seems a norm among people, so I try to cope with it. Not easily.

I just want to give them loves loves but they are not receptive :(

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2021, 12:35 am

Ugh! I have an irresistible urge to act like this a lot of the time in conversation. That and references, usually to media. Once I make a connection that I can use to make a reference I have to fight the urge to reference it, even if I know the person won't get the reference, and then I have to explain it. And often my idea of good conversation is basically me giving a lecture about something I find interesting. I guess that's a deficit in the whole "social-emotional reciprocity" thing that the DSM talks about.