Diagnosis of ASD traits / aspergers traits

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ALADDIN_1978
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 May 2021, 5:49 am

I have dyspraxia, ADHD and aspergers traits.

In my records, there is plenty of evidence of dyspraxia and ADHD.

Age 9, there was evidence of dyspraxia, ADHD and aspergers traits. The only evidence of aspergers traits is a slightly pedantic voice.

The only impairment is metaphors.

I am not the best communicator.

My mother said I have never had a problem with social reciprocity.

My parents cannot shed any light on impairments.

I have habits of repition, routine, difficult with change, a bit obsessive.

I am good at flexibility of thought .

Several people say that I have aspergers traits or borderline Asperger’s syndrome.

The psychiatrist who diagnosed me with ADHD in August 2020, said it is significantly my ASD, my problem is untreated ADHD.

After treatment, he said my problem is largely ADHD.

If I had a detailed diagnosis I am sure I would only ASD traits , it is not going to help me practically.

Is it worth it ?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 7:31 pm

ALADDIN_1978 wrote:
The only evidence of aspergers traits is a slightly pedantic voice.

The only impairment is metaphors.

If those are truly your only autistic traits then you aren't autistic. Look up the diagnostic criteria for asperger's and/or autism.

Quote:
If I had a detailed diagnosis I am sure I would only ASD traits , it is not going to help me practically.

You just said you have only two traits. This is confusing.
There's no such thing as a detailed diagnosis. Maybe what you want is an extensive neuropsychological evaluation. You might get no diagnosis out of that, or a diagnosis you don't want or expect.

Quote:
Is it worth it ?

That depends on what you plan to use evaluation results for, how easily you can get an evaluation, and how likely you are to get the results you want/expect. Do you want disability? Accommodations? For your doctor to know for sure what conditions you have? To get a second opinion about the ADHD diagnosis?

Do you have to pay a doctor or wait on a list, and will you be upset if you don't get the results you expect after all that money and/or waiting?

I'd say don't waste your time if you specifically want to be evaluated for autism and your only autistic traits are a "pedantic voice" and difficulty understanding metaphors.