Would You Date Someone Who Wanted To Wait Till Marriage?

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Would you date someone who wanted to wait until marriage to have sex?
I'm a man and yes 30%  30%  [ 8 ]
I'm a man and no 33%  33%  [ 9 ]
I'm a woman and yes 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
I'm a woman and no 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Show me the results. 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 27

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 2:59 am

Muse933277 wrote:
Would you date someone who waited to wait until marriage to have sex?

I am saving it for marriage so of course

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 4:59 am

funeralxempire wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

I sincerely do not believe that anyone can accurately make a negative decision on sexual compatibility based on one encounter. I have a lot more than my story to back the conclusion up. Do with that information what you will.

Well of course you can't accurately make that call based on one sexual encounter. Part of the sexual compatibility is being able to deal with it when the sex goes wrong without that ruining the relationship.

I think people were more suggesting being in a serious relationship where you are having sex before taking the step of marriage not meeting someone and then just having sex one time to determine if it should be lasting or not. Probably, good to know before marriage if the person is mature enough to not walk out suddenly if the sex isn't great every time.

This is exactly what I was suggesting and I don't get the confusion with this at all. lol

Glad to hear it, but I do know plenty of people who have walked away if the sex wasn't mind blowing the first time. It happens. I cannot know what any one person means when they talk about checking compatibility first unless they specify. I try to never assume.

I wasn't suggesting to walk away if things weren't perfect, but you did seem to assume. :nerdy:

That's why you should attempt many times before committing. :evil:

Sorry about the seeming to assume thing. That is why I preceded my first post with “your statement simply provides a reference point.”

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2021, 2:12 am

If there was an option I would choose "I'm a man and maybe."

But leaning towards no. What if you marry and then find out on your honeymoon that you are completely sexually incompatible? You try and work on it, but you just don't work well together in that way. So what, you're both stuck in a sex-less marriage until you die or go through a divorce? Not to mention, I'm an agnostic leftist, and "wait 'till marriage" types generally (not always) also carry strong conservative and/or religious beliefs that would probably lead to some heated disagreements.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 May 2021, 7:28 am

MidnightRose wrote:
If there was an option I would choose "I'm a man and maybe."

But leaning towards no. What if you marry and then find out on your honeymoon that you are completely sexually incompatible? You try and work on it, but you just don't work well together in that way. So what, you're both stuck in a sex-less marriage until you die or go through a divorce? Not to mention, I'm an agnostic leftist, and "wait 'till marriage" types generally (not always) also carry strong conservative and/or religious beliefs that would probably lead to some heated disagreements.
Sexual incompatibility was never important to me. I care about substantive things instead like mutual respect, commitment, trust, trying to the support each other when a problem arises, & such things. I'm an agnostic leftist as well & one piece of advice I've gotten very often was to look for women at church. I guess it made sense in a way cuz on top of not being into casual sex I was also straight-edge but the idea of faking something I'm not to meet somebody & get to know her a bit seemed like a recipe for disaster. I was willing to be with someone who was a religious right-winger but I would need her to respect that I am not as I would respect that she was. I'm originally from a very hardcore conservative area so ruling out those types woulda been another extremely limiting factor for me. I'm a walking contradiction to most stereotypes. On the surface I appear one way but there's something about me that goes against it. NTs claim that us Aspies have black & white thinking but NTs think that if I am not this then I must be that. It is either/or & no room for any middle ground or outsider perspective. I cant fit all nice & neat in any box. Probably why my own experiences contradict most of the dating & relationship advice I ever got.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 10:04 am

For me it would be necessary to more rigorously define "waiting for marriage". At one time I dated a young woman who said she was saving it for marriage but her definition of what she was saving was extremely narrow, so I it was not a sexually frustrating experience for me.

Maybe there should be more choices.

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2021, 8:18 pm

nick007 wrote:
Sexual incompatibility was never important to me. I care about substantive things

Without getting too graphic, I enjoy sexual experiences and while it isn't the only, or most important thing, it is still a big thing. I definitely wouldn't call good sex an insubstantive part of a relationship. But I have pretty high drives I guess.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 3:37 pm

Who on Earth could afford to pay for all those weddings & divorces?? Lol, imagine being married to everyone you ever hooked up with.. crazy.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 May 2021, 7:21 pm

MidnightRose wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Sexual incompatibility was never important to me. I care about substantive things

Without getting too graphic, I enjoy sexual experiences and while it isn't the only, or most important thing, it is still a big thing. I definitely wouldn't call good sex an insubstantive part of a relationship. But I have pretty high drives I guess.
I guess what I mean is that good sex in a relationship can fluctuate & may not last. People can develop health issues, get stressed out by things, get busy with life stuff, & have kids & get no privacy. Also some guys say that women quit liking sex 1ce they get married & get back home form their honeymoon :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 7:37 pm

Some women do stop liking sex once they "get back from the honeymoon."

Most don't stop liking sex, though.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran