Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 9:43 am

But in the original post, you did say "I have a lot of trouble understanding intent and have a tendency to be abused, or exploited by people."

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2021, 7:29 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
But in the original post, you did say "I have a lot of trouble understanding intent and have a tendency to be abused, or exploited by people."

I know what I said, I am not sure why you are still talking to me. Is there a purpose?

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 8:06 pm

I really like Fnord's list.

It's important to remember, though, that all humans have a little bit of chaos in them. Mistakes and misunderstandings will happen. More fundamental disagreements, sometimes, too.

You can't avoid these. What's important is how you handle them (edit: by "you" I mean both people involved).

BUT trust your gut instinct. If something feels deeply wrong it probably is. Ask for advice from third parties if you're not sure. If everything seems to always go one way, that's a danger sign.

Life is pros and cons, I wouldn't expect it to be easy, but it should be pretty balanced. If it seems you're always at fault then someone is picking on you.

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2021, 6:32 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
I really like Fnord's list.

It's important to remember, though, that all humans have a little bit of chaos in them. Mistakes and misunderstandings will happen. More fundamental disagreements, sometimes, too.

You can't avoid these. What's important is how you handle them (edit: by "you" I mean both people involved).

BUT trust your gut instinct. If something feels deeply wrong it probably is. Ask for advice from third parties if you're not sure. If everything seems to always go one way, that's a danger sign.

Life is pros and cons, I wouldn't expect it to be easy, but it should be pretty balanced. If it seems you're always at fault then someone is picking on you.

I agree with you.

Thanks

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52