Alyssa Milano labelled a 'white supremacist'

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:25 am

cyberdad wrote:
Is it simply possible that one black lady reacting to Alyssa Milano is being overly sensitive to AM's comments because she was speaking about an issue she felt AM has no right to speak about?

They do this quite often on social media where individual black youtubers might over-react to something and then some low-life right winger like Ben Shapiro will cherry pick what they say to attack the wider black community.

I recall some right wingers were incensed some black woman was accusing Bruno Mars of cultural appropriation. Not that they care about Bruno Mars but they use an example like this to claim the existence of cancel culture despite the fact Bruno Mars does infact have a considerable black support base (something they wouldn't know because they neither listen to Bruno Mars nor do they care to check facts).

But it's so much easier to let a slick-talking pseudo intellectual like Ben Shapiro doing the thinking for you. Listen to how quickly he speaks, that's how you know he's smart, he doesn't give the audience a chance to consider what he's saying before he piles more guano on the pile. 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 1:04 pm

If anyone is showing white fragility is @thisisavvy. She is saying the exact same thing racists say when they do reverse racism by trying to make the leftists out to be the racist ones.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 2:19 pm

League_Girl wrote:
If anyone is showing white fragility is @thisisavvy. She is saying the exact same thing racists say when they do reverse racism by trying to make the leftists out to be the racist ones.
Are you implying that non-whites can be (dare I say it?) just as racist as any white person?

I am SHOCKED!

Shocked, I say!

:roll: That was sarcasm, folks!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 5:30 pm

League_Girl wrote:

I recall the internet was awash with these type of mind games during the Trump era when MAGAs arrogantly used this type of logic to attack anyone not part of their cult.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 5:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
But it's so much easier to let a slick-talking pseudo intellectual like Ben Shapiro doing the thinking for you. Listen to how quickly he speaks, that's how you know he's smart, he doesn't give the audience a chance to consider what he's saying before he piles more guano on the pile. 8)

Speaking of "cancelling celebrities" I have now become up to date on the attempt by white country music fans to cancel Lil Nas X last year. Apparently pretty white pop singers like Taylor Swift are appropriated as "country" but when Beyonce or Lil Nas X produce country music it's cancelled as not country.

I watched some country music fans attempting to ridicule the music of Lil Nas X song "Old Town road" which is cringeworthy. Amusing to see how the Country music charts removed his song despite it being number one on their charts (a lot of white folk mistook Billy Ray Cyrus collab not realising it was a black man responsible for the song :lol: ).

Perfect of example of cancel culture except the ones doing the cancelling are conservative and white.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 5:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I recall the internet was awash with these type of mind games during the Trump era when MAGAs arrogantly used this type of logic to attack anyone not part of their cult.

Yep, see it here too during Trump time too. Where did those people go?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 6:03 pm

League_Girl wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

Yep, see it here too during Trump time too. Where did those people go?

Hibernation I suspect, waiting for their messiah to return