Alyssa Milano labelled a 'white supremacist'

Page 3 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 48,784
Location: Stendec

03 May 2021, 11:54 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
... a member suggested all YouTube videos should be banned, except for corporate news sources... There are exceptional journalists on YouTube, and there are crackpots. It would be a sorry day on this forum if that should happen.
Sure, do not ban YouTube; but do not let YouTube do your thinking for you, either.
I've already agreed with you on that. Why do keep repeating it?
For the benefit of anyone else who may be reading this thread, especially the OP.

If I did not already have an axe to grind on another topic, I would make it my sig line (see below).


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,899
Location: Illinois

03 May 2021, 12:00 pm

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
... a member suggested all YouTube videos should be banned, except for corporate news sources... There are exceptional journalists on YouTube, and there are crackpots. It would be a sorry day on this forum if that should happen.
Sure, do not ban YouTube; but do not let YouTube do your thinking for you, either.
I've already agreed with you on that. Why do keep repeating it?
For the benefit of anyone else who may be reading this thread, especially the OP.

If I did not already have an axe to grind on another topic, I would make it my sig line (see below).


I'm sure all the wretched souls who spout "received opinions" after watching a YouTube video will thank you.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,677
Location: I'm right here

03 May 2021, 12:15 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Good. A counterpoint would be in order, now.
Why? There's always going to be people who spout contrarian nonsense just to stir the pot. I don't owe those people further engagement.
Actually, I think VM may be looking for evidence to counter the claims made in the video PP posted.  I mean, we have only a 4-second clip of Ms. Milano speaking, and that clip was cut off well before anyone could know what she actually said.  Personally, I am not a fan of Ms. Milano; I just want the full story without some other wannabe celeb on YouTube telling me what to think.


I'll wait until there's something significant before I believe it or disbelieve it.
She's not someone I care about or care to defend but so far there isn't really much of a story. If there is a story more details will come out and we'll see.


Well, that's a good policy. However, this conversation got started when a member suggested all YouTube videos should be banned, except for corporate news sources. Yikes!

There are exceptional journalists on YouTube, and there are crackpots. It would be a sorry day on this forum if that should happen.


I agree, but that doesn't seem to be what he's after.


_________________
politics is dumb but very important
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Soliloquist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 13 Oct 2011
Age: 52
Gender: ♂ Geezer ♂
Posts: 393

03 May 2021, 12:17 pm

Quote:
An unidentified Black woman took to TikTok to respond to the virtue signaling and White privilege on display regularly by actress-turned-activist Alyssa Milano. She pointed out facts and realities about the race war that’s being pushed so vehemently by the radical left, including Milano.

Her words resonated as the video is quickly going viral on social media. She wasn’t rude or ranting against Milano. She simply pointed out the underlying message of nearly everything the Cultural Marxists are pushing. She noted, for example, that the notion that voter laws such as the one in Georgia affect Black voters more is racist because it stipulates that Black voters are less capable of performing simple tasks associated with voting.

According to Wayne Dupree :

The left treats minorities, namely black folks, like absolute trash. And they do it in the name of “helping” them – that way they can actually get away with it.

According to the left, Black people can’t handle protesting on their own, so white liberals need to take over BLM. According to the left, Black people can’t figure out how to show a voter ID at a poll, so white liberals need to step in and “save” them.

It’s some of the most insulting stuff you’ve ever seen and it continues to give white liberals power and keep black Democrats in their “place.” All in the name of “solidarity.”

Listen to every word or read the transcript below the video:

It begins with a clip of Milano preaching on her show. “For those of us who are not Black men, imagine watching the news and seeing how people…”

The response was amazing. “Imaging being a Black man and being told by some White lady with a microphone that you and the criminal on TV are one in the same because you look alike.

“Imagine being told by society that White people can be all that that can be but you as a Black man, the content of your character is completely irrelevant; you are the color of your skin and that is all you will ever be.

“Imagine being told you can’t figure out how to vote because of the color of your skin. Socioeconomics affects everyone but apparently you’re not as smart as the poorest White person.

“Lady, I don’t want to hate you. I’m a 90s kid. I grew up with you so I know you’re very talented. I understand your heart is in the right place, but you are everything you preach against.

“You’re not helping. Your making things worse. You’re causing more division. You’re causing more fear.

“Statistically speaking I am more likely to be shot and killed by my Black, elderly neighbor across the street that the cop who patrols my neighborhood. Statistically speaking, homicide by cop is very rare, but people like you find power in fear so you keep on the front page news.

“You don’t have to be a white supremacist, you can be better.”

It’s important to keep reminding the “woke,” self-appointed White Saviors of poor Black folks out there that their message is extraordinarily racist. This type of ideology massacre should be spread far and wide until more people wake up.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 37,753

03 May 2021, 1:02 pm

I'm certainly not calling AM a white supremacist, but the news story reminds me of this:



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 48,784
Location: Stendec

03 May 2021, 2:47 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
... a member suggested all YouTube videos should be banned, except for corporate news sources... There are exceptional journalists on YouTube, and there are crackpots. It would be a sorry day on this forum if that should happen.
Sure, do not ban YouTube; but do not let YouTube do your thinking for you, either.
I've already agreed with you on that. Why do keep repeating it?
For the benefit of anyone else who may be reading this thread, especially the OP.  If I did not already have an axe to grind on another topic, I would make it my sig line (see below).
I'm sure all the wretched souls who spout "received opinions" after watching a YouTube video will thank you.
Sarcasm noted.  No worries, though; I know the score.

:D


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 48,784
Location: Stendec

03 May 2021, 2:55 pm

Quote:
... According to Wayne Dupree :

The left treats minorities, namely black folks, like absolute trash. And they do it in the name of “helping” them – that way they can actually get away with it.

According to the left, Black people can’t handle protesting on their own, so white liberals need to take over BLM. According to the left, Black people can’t figure out how to show a voter ID at a poll, so white liberals need to step in and “save” them.

It’s some of the most insulting stuff you’ve ever seen and it continues to give white liberals power and keep black Democrats in their “place.” All in the name of “solidarity.” ...
It makes me sad to admit that I agree with Mr. Dupree.  I know many so-called "Liberals" (i.e., Latte Liberals, Limousine Liberals, et cetera) who wrongly say or imply that people of color cannot help themselves, but that they need whites to lift them up out of poverty and oppression.

And then here comes some has-been celebrity actress "Whitesplaining" what it means to be black.

Sometimes, it is embarrassing to be white.


:oops:


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,092

03 May 2021, 4:44 pm

So given the source is Pepe's favourite Fox owned right wing news outlet I'm assuming it's a fake story or one that's been cobbled together to make it look like Milano said something controversial?



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 48,784
Location: Stendec

03 May 2021, 4:57 pm

cyberdad wrote:
So given the source is Pepe's favourite Fox owned right wing news outlet I'm assuming it's a fake story or one that's been cobbled together to make it look like Milano said something controversial?
Cobbled together, but only to give Ms. Edwards her fifteen minutes of fame.


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 25,891
Location: Pacific Northwest

03 May 2021, 5:01 pm

Soliloquist wrote:
Quote:
An unidentified Black woman took to TikTok to respond to the virtue signaling and White privilege on display regularly by actress-turned-activist Alyssa Milano. She pointed out facts and realities about the race war that’s being pushed so vehemently by the radical left, including Milano.

Her words resonated as the video is quickly going viral on social media. She wasn’t rude or ranting against Milano. She simply pointed out the underlying message of nearly everything the Cultural Marxists are pushing. She noted, for example, that the notion that voter laws such as the one in Georgia affect Black voters more is racist because it stipulates that Black voters are less capable of performing simple tasks associated with voting.

According to Wayne Dupree :

The left treats minorities, namely black folks, like absolute trash. And they do it in the name of “helping” them – that way they can actually get away with it.

According to the left, Black people can’t handle protesting on their own, so white liberals need to take over BLM. According to the left, Black people can’t figure out how to show a voter ID at a poll, so white liberals need to step in and “save” them.

It’s some of the most insulting stuff you’ve ever seen and it continues to give white liberals power and keep black Democrats in their “place.” All in the name of “solidarity.”

Listen to every word or read the transcript below the video:

It begins with a clip of Milano preaching on her show. “For those of us who are not Black men, imagine watching the news and seeing how people…”

The response was amazing. “Imaging being a Black man and being told by some White lady with a microphone that you and the criminal on TV are one in the same because you look alike.

“Imagine being told by society that White people can be all that that can be but you as a Black man, the content of your character is completely irrelevant; you are the color of your skin and that is all you will ever be.

“Imagine being told you can’t figure out how to vote because of the color of your skin. Socioeconomics affects everyone but apparently you’re not as smart as the poorest White person.

“Lady, I don’t want to hate you. I’m a 90s kid. I grew up with you so I know you’re very talented. I understand your heart is in the right place, but you are everything you preach against.

“You’re not helping. Your making things worse. You’re causing more division. You’re causing more fear.

“Statistically speaking I am more likely to be shot and killed by my Black, elderly neighbor across the street that the cop who patrols my neighborhood. Statistically speaking, homicide by cop is very rare, but people like you find power in fear so you keep on the front page news.

“You don’t have to be a white supremacist, you can be better.”

It’s important to keep reminding the “woke,” self-appointed White Saviors of poor Black folks out there that their message is extraordinarily racist. This type of ideology massacre should be spread far and wide until more people wake up.


I am sure white people "taking over BLM" is showing them support.

So if white people sit back and do nothing, they are being an accomplice to racism by not speaking up against it but when they do speak up against, they are being racist meaning they think black people can't stand up for themselves and do it on their own and are weak, talk about a kafka trap set up by people on accident because of different opinions about racism in America and what can be done to fight it.

We're racist either way folks. :roll:


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 48,784
Location: Stendec

03 May 2021, 5:56 pm

It is a sad state of affairs when you are in the wrong no matter what you say or do, even if you say or do nothing, because it mean that those who say you are wrong simply do not like you.


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 75,771
Location: Queens, NYC

03 May 2021, 5:58 pm

This is pretty much what happened within the "Black Power" movement of the 1960s.......



Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Nov 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,314
Location: California,USA

03 May 2021, 6:46 pm

I wish I understand this.


_________________
You are my shining star that shine so bright that guide me to the light, so keep on rockin', cuz That's Rock and Roll


Embree_86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 3 May 2021
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
Location: Cedar Falls

03 May 2021, 6:54 pm

Anyone that a person dislikes is a
‘supremacist.’ If a waitress is doing a bad job, she’s a supremacist. If your neighbor is mowing the lawn too loudly, he’s a supremacist.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 48,784
Location: Stendec

03 May 2021, 7:34 pm

"Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?" -- George Carlin


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,092

04 May 2021, 4:09 am

Is it simply possible that one black lady reacting to Alyssa Milano is being overly sensitive to AM's comments because she was speaking about an issue she felt AM has no right to speak about?

They do this quite often on social media where individual black youtubers might over-react to something and then some low-life right winger like Ben Shapiro will cherry pick what they say to attack the wider black community.

I recall some right wingers were incensed some black woman was accusing Bruno Mars of cultural appropriation. Not that they care about Bruno Mars but they use an example like this to claim the existence of cancel culture despite the fact Bruno Mars does infact have a considerable black support base (something they wouldn't know because they neither listen to Bruno Mars nor do they care to check facts).