Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 10:24 am

VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Consider the source and ask yourself if it seems credible. :nerdy:
Or you could digest the content and make up your own mind.
It is hard to digest that which is obviously inedible. :eew:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 10:38 am

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
It is hard to digest that which is obviously inedible. :eew:

It's up to you to prove that it's "inedible."

Oscar Meyer Lansky

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 10:45 am

VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I have, it's not credible.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 10:50 am

Mikah wrote:
I'm curious to see the original clip. We only see about six seconds of Milano saying:

For those of us who are not black men, imagine watching the news and seeing how people...

Given the response and accusation, I can only assume ...
Given the response and accusation, it seems obvious that Ms. Milano's accuser is jumping on the opportunity for some free publicity.

Alyssa Milano posted a video of herself lecturing white people on what it is like to be a person of color (specifically, a black man, which she is not), for which she was unfairly slammed for allegedly having racist views.

At worst, she could be guilty of virtue-signaling.

Ms. Milano racist?  Doubtful.

Ms. Milano clueless?  More likely.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 03 May 2021, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 10:52 am

funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Good. A counterpoint would be in order, now.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 11:00 am

VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Consider the source and ask yourself if it seems credible.
I would like to see the original video Ms. Milano posted, in its entirety; but Instagram requires a subscription first.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 11:06 am

VegetableMan wrote:

Why? There's always going to be people who spout contrarian nonsense just to stir the pot. I don't owe those people further engagement.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 11:13 am

funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Why? There's always going to be people who spout contrarian nonsense just to stir the pot. I don't owe those people further engagement.
Actually, I think VM may be looking for evidence to counter the claims made in the video PP posted.  I mean, we have only a 4-second clip of Ms. Milano speaking, and that clip was cut off well before anyone could know what she actually said.  Personally, I am not a fan of Ms. Milano; I just want the full story without some other wannabe celeb on YouTube telling me what to think.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 11:14 am

funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Because that's how discussions and debates work.

A true "contrarian" is not someone who argues against something just for the sake of arguing.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 11:22 am

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Actually, I think VM may be looking for evidence to counter the claims made in the video PP posted.  I mean, we have only a 4-second clip of Ms. Milano speaking, and that clip was cut off well before anyone could know what she actually said.  Personally, I am not a fan of Ms. Milano; I just want the full story without some other wannabe celeb on YouTube telling me what to think.

I'll wait until there's something significant before I believe it or disbelieve it.
She's not someone I care about or care to defend but so far there isn't really much of a story. If there is a story more details will come out and we'll see.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 11:27 am

I want to know what she exactly said that was white supremist. Seeing that she is an activist, I find this questionable. Who is calling her that? Is it the left or the right?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 11:30 am

Sounds like here Alyssa was speaking against racism in America and it got taken out of context by @thisissavvy.

https://meaww.com/alyssa-milano-is-whit ... -divisions

I think it was out of a podcast. I would like to hear the whole thing. I am sure it was against racism in America given that she has fought against racism as well and spoke against it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 11:31 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I'll wait until there's something significant before I believe it or disbelieve it.  She's not someone I care about or care to defend but so far there isn't really much of a story.  If there is a story more details will come out and we'll see.
And that is the point: We do not know what Ms. Milano actually said, yet there are people who would take Savannah Edwards' rant as "evidence" of Ms. Milano's alleged racism.

I really think Ms. Milano may have cluelessly and insensitively engaged in virtue-signaling at the very worst, and that Ms. Edwards is using this as an opportunity to engage a little in phony indignation of her own for the free publicity it brings.

You know ... another episode in the ongoing Battle of The Celebrity Egos.

:roll:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 11:35 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I'll wait until there's something significant before I believe it or disbelieve it.
She's not someone I care about or care to defend but so far there isn't really much of a story. If there is a story more details will come out and we'll see.

Well, that's a good policy. However, this conversation got started when a member suggested all YouTube videos should be banned, except for corporate news sources. Yikes!

There are exceptional journalists on YouTube, and there are crackpots. It would be a sorry day on this forum if that should happen.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 11:38 am

VegetableMan wrote:
... a member suggested all YouTube videos should be banned, except for corporate news sources... There are exceptional journalists on YouTube, and there are crackpots. It would be a sorry day on this forum if that should happen.
Sure, do not ban YouTube; but do not let YouTube do your thinking for you, either.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 11:40 am

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
... a member suggested all YouTube videos should be banned, except for corporate news sources... There are exceptional journalists on YouTube, and there are crackpots. It would be a sorry day on this forum if that should happen.
Sure, do not ban YouTube; but do not let YouTube do your thinking for you, either.

I've already agreed with you on that. Why do keep repeating it?

Oscar Meyer Lansky