I don’t know what to do about this? Any advice?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 6:10 pm

I believe autistic people may have more trouble wearing contact lenses than neurotypicals. I did wear contacts for a few years when I was younger. I finally gave them up during a stressful time in my life when I just couldn't be bothered. They require diligent care, cleanliness, and expert insertion. Possibly more important, sensory issues may make the discomfort untenable for the autistic wearer.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2021, 6:35 pm

you're more than 14 years old dude.

you're willing to stumble around blind (forget about driving a car) because some riff-raff bloke in a pub called you a four eyes?

you're kidding...right?

And whats this about a stigma about wearing glasses? Among school kids maybe, but not among middle aged adults who all need at least reading glasses.

And that guy didnt even call you a four eyes. He said the frames dont become you (implying that if you got new frames you would look good).

Maybe its some kind of blue collar Brit thing to make fun of guys with glasses. But if thats the case the guy is opening himself to ridicule ....for being too aware of what makes other men look good ( you coulda shot back -"are you from the American TV series "queer eye for the straight guy"?). If thats what its about.

Maybe he wasnt disrespecting you. Maybe you could find better frames for your glasses. But go ahead and wear glasses if you need them. Or keep them in a case your pocket if you only to bring them out for reading if vanity matters to you that much.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 6:59 am

naturalplastic wrote:
you're more than 14 years old dude.

you're willing to stumble around blind (forget about driving a car) because some riff-raff bloke in a pub called you a four eyes?

you're kidding...right?

And whats this about a stigma about wearing glasses? Among school kids maybe, but not among middle aged adults who all need at least reading glasses.

And that guy didnt even call you a four eyes. He said the frames dont become you (implying that if you got new frames you would look good).

Maybe its some kind of blue collar Brit thing to make fun of guys with glasses. But if thats the case the guy is opening himself to ridicule ....for being too aware of what makes other men look good ( you coulda shot back -"are you from the American TV series "queer eye for the straight guy"?). If thats what its about.

Maybe he wasnt disrespecting you. Maybe you could find better frames for your glasses. But go ahead and wear glasses if you need them. Or keep them in a case your pocket if you only to bring them out for reading if vanity matters to you that much.

My parents said when they wore glasses when they were younger they would often not wear them for social occasions

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 7:05 am

That was then.....this is now.

There is NO stigma involved in wearing glasses.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 7:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
That was then.....this is now.

There is NO stigma involved in wearing glasses.

Yeah you make a good point