Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DesertWoman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2021, 11:57 am

The people I remember from my past (and/or speak fondly of) are the ones who were just plain nice and courteous. It's not hard. The ones who took my hard work personally, and used it against me; the ones who promised me things and didn't deliver- those people are the worst.

If we are going to evolve as a species, then people just need to step up to the plate and act accordingly. I'm saying this not for my old and weary self, but for the myriad number of younger people with autism or undiagnosed autism who have survived tough childhoods somehow or other, and who deserve what everyone else gets. I'm rare. People are dying because they just can't take the pain of not being able to stand among their fellow man, and thrive.

This is something that the world needs to face, and understand. I have some serious issues with what the media is doing with autism. With what autism nonprofits are doing, and how the private sector-- is handling autism. You can't just herd us all together and say, "figure it out on your own." I tried to do that, and what I discovered were loopholes in my community. Lack of resources.

I am only one woman, but I speak for the masses.

I appreciate anyone who has treated me respectfully, because there are so many who just couldn't do so.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 4:02 pm

Yep....Indeed it would be nice if the general public understood autism better.

And realize that a job is a job....not a place to socialize, not an extension of high school.....

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep....Indeed it would be nice if the general public understood autism better.

And realize that a job is a job....not a place to socialize, not an extension of high school.....

I also agree. People should realize that a workplace is not a school dance.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 12:47 am

DesertWoman wrote:
The people I remember from my past (and/or speak fondly of) are the ones who were just plain nice and courteous. It's not hard. The ones who took my hard work personally, and used it against me; the ones who promised me things and didn't deliver- those people are the worst.

If we are going to evolve as a species, then people just need to step up to the plate and act accordingly. I'm saying this not for my old and weary self, but for the myriad number of younger people with autism or undiagnosed autism who have survived tough childhoods somehow or other, and who deserve what everyone else gets. I'm rare. People are dying because they just can't take the pain of not being able to stand among their fellow man, and thrive.

This is something that the world needs to face, and understand. I have some serious issues with what the media is doing with autism. With what autism nonprofits are doing, and how the private sector-- is handling autism. You can't just herd us all together and say, "figure it out on your own." I tried to do that, and what I discovered were loopholes in my community. Lack of resources.

I am only one woman, but I speak for the masses.

I appreciate anyone who has treated me respectfully, because there are so many who just couldn't do so.

Awww. :cry: well posted. Unfortunately there are cruel people in the world but trying to find onself and a balance of fitting in .. :-/

DesertWoman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2021, 12:57 am

I am, and have often been, an easy target for those who feel they need to prove their worth to themselves.

That's unfortunate, and very sad.