Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:20 pm

Is there a yogurt that is healthy or less sugar? I’m missing having yogurts.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 6:21 am

I'm not sure about existing less sugar yogurt, but I buy plain greek yogurt and just add what I want to it. I'm not sure what your dietary restrictions are, but you could add fruit, honey, artificial sweeteners, extracts, peanut butter or nutella, jams, or anything to it really. You get more control over the ingredients when you just add your own to it.

I do recommend greek yogurt for this though instead of regular. Regular yogurt already is kind of runny and once you add stuff to it, it gets worse. Greek yogurt is thicker from the start, more solid, so it's less of a messy/runny texture once you add whatever to it.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 6:56 am

Think the healthiest option would be to make your own. Natural Greek yogurt good for you, you can then add fruit.

Most have sugar, some still contain gelatin for thickener, so they're not vegetarian friendly. Artificial sweeteners especially aspartame is poison.

All i can suggest is true natural food stores? maybe they'll have healthier alternatives?

that's great that you want to have more yogurt

all the best!

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:32 am

Get the natural greek yoghurt then add honey and your own fruit to it, natural sweetener is much better for you than the white chemically washed sugar or fructose syrup.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 9:00 pm

is greek yogurt with flavor still bad?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 9:05 pm

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
I'm not sure about existing less sugar yogurt, but I buy plain greek yogurt and just add what I want to it. I'm not sure what your dietary restrictions are, but you could add fruit, honey, artificial sweeteners, extracts, peanut butter or nutella, jams, or anything to it really. You get more control over the ingredients when you just add your own to it.

I do recommend greek yogurt for this though instead of regular. Regular yogurt already is kind of runny and once you add stuff to it, it gets worse. Greek yogurt is thicker from the start, more solid, so it's less of a messy/runny texture once you add whatever to it.

Peanut butter to yogurt?