Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 4:52 am

Nothing has been finalised yet but I got a call from work saying they might want me to work as a business analyst for testing.

I'm a little nervous about this. I'm not even sure what a business analyst is supposed to do. What would my role entail?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 6:21 am

Not too much response on this one. They've accepted me for the role and it looks like I'll have to organise and run meetings with the clients. I'm still willing to give it a try but in work meetings I was always sort of just stringing along. On the occasions when I actually had to lead a meeting it was a struggle for me, even with colleagues I knew. Conducting meetings with clients I don't know will be a challenge for me.

A few years ago I did some in-depth research for giving presentations that helped me but this is different. These aren't the sort of meetings where I have to disseminate information to an audience, it's more like I have to interview them in groups to find their requirements.

I guess this is going to make me awfully self-concious. What if my hair sticks up. What if I come across as too "flippant" (something that usually happens to me when I get nervous). What if I get nervous about getting nervous and that makes me nervous?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 7:53 am

I must say you've really "gone up in the world," Retro.

It's cool that this has happened for you.....even if you're feeling anxiety about conducting a meeting.

Maybe I could have gotten to that level if I tried harder----but I didn't try harder, so I stayed a clerk with a pension coming soon.