Worried that life is being wasted

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 8:47 am

As much as I enjoy doing things at home, I do also enjoy doing things outside but I feel I can't with a virus still circulating even though I can mask up to be safe and there are still millions more people yet to be vaccinated. It does frustrate me because I would like to return to doing those things again. I do in someway also miss going away and visiting other countries, I mean last year if the pandemic hadn't happened I would have visited New York and I feel my chance visiting it now is still less. I do worry that even by May next year, the virus will still be rampaging and restrictions will still be in place and so I would have had two years of life to enjoy being wasted.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 11:10 am

I feel the same about not being able to travel. Right now i can afford to travel to foreign countries but after my dad retires i will probably not have enough money to. Something that makes me happy is: i was able to visit Japan, one of the countries that i wanted to visit most before the pandemic started.

Another thing that makes me worry is not being able to work. I have been unemployed since the pandemic started and i was just getting used to my job. Most people my age already have their own businesses. But i try to think of these things as out of my control.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 11:28 am

Life will go back to normal eventually, just take this time now to learn and read.

I think you're allowed to go and do hiking and stuff that doesn't involve being around many people. I went up to the lake district and there were people up there sailing and going for walks so some stuff is slowly going back to normal.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 12:52 pm

The UK is doing quite well right now. There was only 1 death from COVID yesterday. They've been doing pretty well for a couple of weeks now.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 3:36 pm

Yes I noticed that yesterday, it still though doesn't make me feel safe though even though infection rates are lower.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2021, 3:56 pm

.. it's an adjustment phase .

you can either view it as wasted time , or a time to reset and figure new things out .

Sure it's not ideal ..

not everybody needs to be vaccinated . impossibility .. often we fear of things that really won't impact us . Keep distance and stay well mineral / vitaminised if your worrys persist .

i hear Vitamin D3 and Zinc are the best for neutralising and potential viral infection . 8)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 9:40 am

What is a waste, is subjective

"One mans junk:. A different man's treasure"

Spend waste invest

Same thing