I Got Bored So I Signed Up For A Filipino Dating Site.

Page 4 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 3:27 pm

Walang anuman!

-Kuya Fnord

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 7:08 pm

cyberdad wrote:
salad wrote:
I dont understand why everyone is treating Lunella as racist when as someone himself whose parents are immigrants it is a fact amongst almost every immigrant I know, be they Pakistani, Algerian, Turk, Somali etc. that many people in the 3rd world are desperate gold diggers when it comes to the West and that they assume if someone is from America that they're financially loaded and that marrying them is a ticket to a better life. Heck, in my own family several of my own aunts and cousins later on admitted to marrying white men so they can come to America and get their green card, and they didnt give a damn about the man they married. .

Well that's true also but you can't generalise to all people in those countries. Somali women its almost impossible to marry outside of their community.

Ilhan Omar is married to a non-Somali.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2021, 2:13 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
Some of these accounts were most likely bots, especially the ones which immediately asked to skype with me because they were feeling lonely but some of these women looked legitimate.

So, out of the people who have responded to your messages, how many of them have had Skype calls with you?

Imo, the number of matches doesn't matter as much as the number of matches that actually lead to something.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 4:41 pm

Minervx_2 wrote:

So, out of the people who have responded to your messages, how many of them have had Skype calls with you?

Imo, the number of matches doesn't matter as much as the number of matches that actually lead to something.

Well I'm currently talking to 3 girls, of which 2 of them I asked if they wanted to have a skype call this week and both confirmed.

Girl #1: Iv'e been talking to her for 3 days now and we have a strong connection with each other. We text each other a lot and iv'e looked at her Facebook and I think she's really attractive. I might talk to her for another day and then ask to skype with each other. I don't know if that's too soon.

Girl #2: Iv'e been talking to this girl for about a month and I have her Snapchat. Sometimes, she initiates texts with me and says good morning. We have several things in common and she seems pretty nice, but I want to make sure that she is a real person as well. I have a moderate connection with her but not as much as girl #1, so if girl #1 doesn't come through, then I might pursue this girl.

Girl #3: This is the first girl that I talked to outside of FilipinoCupid. Although she is nice and always texts back, we don't seem to have a lot in common. We don't like the same kind of movies, same kind of music and we don't have any similar interests to one another. I feel like I'm only keeping her around in case anybody else doesn't work out.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 8:39 pm

I'm video chatting with one of them tonight, i'm a little nervous.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 8:49 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
I'm video chatting with one of them tonight, i'm a little nervous.

Good luck :D

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 11:59 pm

So I video chatted with girl #2 today and it didn't really go that well to be honest. For one thing, her audio mic quality was really bad so I had a hard time understanding her. Secondly, her English wasn't the greatest and thirdly, the conversation fell flat and it was mostly me doing the talking while she would only reply with simple words. She never asked me questions and there were many awkward silent conversations. So it wasn't too surprising that the video chat only lasted 10 minutes before she lost connection and told me that she had to go.

I'm glad that I did it though because when you're interacting with someone on camera or in person, you can really tell whether or not you're compatible and click with each other. During that very brief 10 minute video chat with her, I could tell that we didn't really "click".

Maybe she was just nervous, which is why I will offer to video chat with her again if she wants to.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:25 am

Maybe i'll try again

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 4:18 pm

Muse933277 wrote:

Girl #1: Iv'e been talking to her for 3 days now and we have a strong connection with each other. We text each other a lot and iv'e looked at her Facebook and I think she's really attractive. I might talk to her for another day and then ask to skype with each other. I don't know if that's too soon.

Did you ever get to Skype with Girl #1?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 4:22 pm

You may find this useful:

21 Basic Tagalog Phrases 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 5:58 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:

Did you ever get to Skype with Girl #1?

Yes. We talked to each other everyday for several months and had a very strong connection with each other. We would talk for hours at a time about anything and everything. I have no doubt that if we lived in the same city, we would have been in a relationship.

We stopped talking because she was ready to get married and have kids and wanted to wait until marriage to have sex, and I didn't. I'm not ready for marriage right now and don't want to wait years before getting intimate with someone, at the time I didn't see it as worth it. I want to have a girlfriend but at the same time, I also want to experience sex and intimacy, and if we dated for a couple years, I think that overtime the lack of sex would have been very frustrating.

I kind of think I made a mistake sometimes because she was really nice and we had a strong connection. I tried reaching out to her again but she left me on read so I guess i'm going to have to live with my decision.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 6:21 pm

I also talked to another girl everyday for a couple months but it kind of fizzled out as well. I don't think there was really much of a spark or connection going on between the two of us. I think she was attracted to me (or at least pretended to be) but I was hesitant to get into a relationship with her because I wanted to get to know her first. Anyways, the texting fizzled out after several months and she stopped texting back.

I also talked to several other filipina/indonesian girls I met on OkCupid but eventually, all of them fizzled out as well.
One girl in particular, I liked the most. We had similar interests, were both into IT, liked games. We talked for about a month but she kept displaying signs she wasn't too invested. She would take at least an hour to respond back (other girls would text back fairly immediately), she would say "maybe i'll let you know" when I asked to video chat with her, and the chats themselves only lasted about 30 minutes usually. Other girls, I would message them for around a week or two but eventually, the conversations would fizzle out and they stopped replying to my texts.

I'll try again either in the winter or next summer when I am less busy. I think I can meet a girl if I really invest into it because I'm getting at least 100+ women messaging me and it's pretty easy to get a video chat with one of them. I think with 100 women messaging me, I can surely at least find one girl; it's simple statistics.

Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:57 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
We stopped talking because she was ready to get married and have kids and wanted to wait until marriage to have sex, and I didn't. I'm not ready for marriage right now and don't want to wait years before getting intimate with someone, at the time I didn't see it as worth it. I want to have a girlfriend but at the same time, I also want to experience sex and intimacy, and if we dated for a couple years, I think that overtime the lack of sex would have been very frustrating.

From the very little I've heard about Philippino dating, it's the women who don't want to have sex until marriage you should aim for. Much higher chances for a successful marriage. If you want to have sex before then, maybe it's better to date someone already living in your own country.

The view that children outside wedlock bring shame upon yourself, the children, and your extended family is still quite strong in many East Asian societies. Women doing one night stands are often seen as "low class" and dating a foreigner often makes you seem untrustworthy, a player. Of course, if you're just a student with no plans to stay long-term, that doesn't really matter.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5i3g0RDp_g&t=107s

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 10:59 pm

1986 wrote:
If you want to have sex before then, maybe it's better to date someone already living in your own country.

I can't find women in my own country. If I could, then I wouldn't have looked in The Philippines.

Where I come from, if you're not a 6 ft tall white man, you're not even considered as a potential partner.

Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 12:36 am

Quote:
I can't find women in my own country. If I could, then I wouldn't have looked in The Philippines.

Point taken.

Like I said, I'm no expert of the Philippines but if you find that you have more luck with women from there than those you run into at home, perhaps you can start exploring some cultural exchange in your home country too. Maybe they have Philippino festivals or language learning classes? You might learn a lot about their habits and practices which makes finding a suitable partner easier.