[Trigger Warning] Anyone else bullied?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Verity2006
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2021, 10:07 am

I get bullied all the time and it makes me feel like totally rubbish. At school it's from the other kids and at home it's my brother and mum.

Last edited by Cornflake on 04 May 2021, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.: Tweaked title

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 10:10 am

Yes, all of the time, at home as well as at school.  It stopped after I left my hometown to go to college.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 10:24 am

School bullies are evil s**ts, they will always be because their parents haven't taught them how to be nice properly. Their parents are probably bullying them at home and they take their anger out on everyone else in school, it's very common.

Stay away from them and don't give them the reaction because they just want a reaction out of you even if it's good or bad. It's like playing dead but socially, an animal isn't gonna attack something that's dead is it? They just see you as a target.

Just focus on learning as much as you can in school or on the internet and then you can get a good job and get away from your family in a nice house of your own where you can do whatever you want and no one will boss you around.

If they are actually abusing you then you'd be better calling a child helpline for advice, they are really nice to you so don't stress about ringing them.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 10:28 am

As a child and teenager, sure.

It stopped when I changed schools and in college.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 10:59 am

Absolutely. It gets better over time, but never really stops.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 12:08 pm

I got bullied a lot at school, sometimes passively (kids ignoring me, pretending I straight up don't exist, etc.) and sometimes actively (kids trying to fight me, insulting me, etc.). Teachers also insulted me and ignored me a lot.

My older brother who has Asperger's kind of bullied me throughout our lives, and my dad has essentially done that to me before, too.

Adults still sometimes bully me if they're really immature and think I'm weird. I've had adults older than me call me "ret*d" and pick on me before.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 12:31 pm

Not all bullying comes from bad home environment or wanting a reaction. Emotional bullying is very hard to deal with. I was emotionally bullied through high school, even when I tried ignoring it and made other friends, they still came to destroy my new friendships. It's like they didn't want me to be friends with them but they didn't want me to be friends with anyone else either. All they wanted to do was to see me on my own. I hardly ever reacted, but the less I reacted the more they isolated me. It was so complicated and just couldn't be solved by telling a grown-up or ignoring them or anything.

Bullies are usually selfish people who have no understanding or respect for certain people.

I'm sorry you're going through this. :cry:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 1:05 pm

Nope, that ended when we moved to Montana when I was 13.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 1:37 pm

all the time