Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:11 pm

Seriously, I knew from early on that films were make believe so I never used Disney films as a teaching tool about life. It never occurred to me that men can just walk up to a woman and kiss them when they are sleeping. Also Disney is known for historical inaccuracies. Also I can bet kids are not evening thinking about these things when they watch Disney animation films. I remember being a kid and I did not think "Oh, that is how men treat women." But I can say that I did think a step mom was a mom that is mean to her kid. I didn't even know what a step mom was until I was 9 and they were called evil stepmothers for a reason.

Also a kid understands that the only way Snow White can wake up is if a true love prince kissed her.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 1:21 pm

Mikah wrote:
Don't get me started on the heteronormative racist beauty standards Snow White "Supremacist" infests children with. Also CPR is an invention of the white man - it originally stood for Consent? hah no. Permission to Rape. The only protection against CPR is a signed DNR (Do Not Rape) order. Proof of Rape Culture if ever I saw it.

Snow White in 2021 when we are trying to get rid of "whiteness" :roll: :roll: :roll: .
auntblabby wrote:
the scene where one of the dwarfs says "not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin!" might want a closer look by the editor, as "chin-chin" means private part in japanese.

Time to cancel heightism and heightist terms like "Dwarf"

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 6:19 pm

This is SO STUPID! Why people want to rewrite history? Other people childhood memories of their movies they love. Disney movies are from the 40-60s, the movies are fairytales, make believe, not real. People are Sooooo Offensive these days, WHY? Why people listen to them?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 6:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Note to self: since stroke victims, heart attack victims, seizure victims, are by definition incapable of giving consent, thereby making it morally wrong for me to assist them without their consent, then it is also morally wrong for me to get refresher training on how to provide emergency care.
No, you're legally covered in that case.
They are called "Implied Consent Laws", and they protect a person from civil and criminal prosecution when that person saves or attempts to save another person's life.
In the context of the story, do you think Prince Charming is covered?
Given that "Once Upon a Time" was supposed to have been years before the story was first published in 1812, my unqualified legal opinion would be "Yes".

You see, under German law in the years leading up to the 19th century, princes were mostly able to freely exercise sovereign authority, provided they did not betray the Crown itself.  Thus, stealing a kiss from a sleeping woman would have been a trivial matter; and in this case, the "crime" was further mitigated by the implied consent for the prince to commit the osculatory act.

QED

I was thinking moreso because nothing but a prince's kiss could wake her up he kinda had a moral obligation to do it, and just like anyone else rendering life saving aid, is covered by both the laws and moral norms relating to those rendering aid to an unconscious victim.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 6:43 pm

Woke people will take offense to anything these days. I think it's great that they added the scene. That's the way that movie is meant to be remembered.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 6:54 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Woke people will take offense to anything these days. I think it's great that they added the scene. That's the way that movie is meant to be remembered.

Yes, I recall those woke people spending weeks screaming about Dr Seuss books being allowed to go out of print and Hasbro branding their toy Potatohead instead of Mr. Potatohead. God those woke people like Tucker Carlson and Ben Shapiro just wouldn't shut up about that trivial nonsense.

Wait, you mean those guys aren't woke? They actually make their entire career about whining about the world changing? Well, that ruins the whole woke = whiny narrative.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 2:11 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
This is SO STUPID! Why people want to rewrite history? Other people childhood memories of their movies they love. Disney movies are from the 40-60s, the movies are fairytales, make believe, not real. People are Sooooo Offensive these days, WHY? Why people listen to them?

I think its important (and a sign of a mature society) to ask these questions. Whether the scene is misogynistic is another matter entirely but keep in mind the story of snow white originated in 19th century Germany in a time when men could ask to grope/kiss a woman without fear of being castigated.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 5:44 am

The “kiss” bought her back to life.

He did what was morally righteous.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 6:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

They all lived happily ever after :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 8:31 am

Indeed they did :)

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2021, 2:57 pm

This sounds like some legal defense some moron would use to try and get out of a date rape charge.

Meaning they would claim that because they saw the movie Snow White and she was kissed while asleep that they thought it was ok to rape someone while they were passed out.

That’s how some people think, and luckily they have people who know how those people think.

TriPM Score (Taken 05/22/2021):
103 out of 174 points (99th percentile)

ADHD & ASD diagnosis made in childhood.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 4:42 pm

CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
This sounds like some legal defense some moron would use to try and get out of a date rape charge.

Meaning they would claim that because they saw the movie Snow White and she was kissed while asleep that they thought it was ok to rape someone while they were passed out.

That’s how some people think, and luckily they have people who know how those people think.

It's worse than that in real life..,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_v._Turner

No need to invoke sleeping beauty or snow white. The guy got off.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 4:54 pm

CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
This sounds like some legal defense some moron would use to try and get out of a date rape charge...
I want to post a relevant cartoon, but it could be triggering to women who have been date-raped.  However...

Here Is The Link 

You have been warned.

:x Not saying 'No' does not mean she is saying 'Yes'.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2021, 5:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
This sounds like some legal defense some moron would use to try and get out of a date rape charge...
I want to post a relevant cartoon, but it could be triggering to women who have been date-raped.  However...

Here Is The Link 

You have been warned.

:x Not saying 'No' does not mean she is saying 'Yes'.

And that was what the experiences I have had with sexual assault were like.

It’s like they look for anything that may indicate you want sex and then choose to not listen.

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2021, 5:34 pm

cyberdad wrote:
CollegeGirlAnon wrote:

It's worse than that in real life..,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_v._Turner

No need to invoke sleeping beauty or snow white. The guy got off.

Oh I definitely know.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 8:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

This is fiction that has nothing to do with sexual assault or real life. In the story the Prince thinks she is dead and the only way to bring her to life is to kiss her. Conflating that with getting a quickie from a passed out girl is a sign of some sort of mental illness.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman