Page 4 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 8:21 pm

Fnord wrote:
CollegeGirlAnon wrote:
This sounds like some legal defense some moron would use to try and get out of a date rape charge...
I want to post a relevant cartoon, but it could be triggering to women who have been date-raped.  However...

Here Is The Link 

You have been warned.

:x Not saying 'No' does not mean she is saying 'Yes'.

Have you heard of the case involving comedian Aziz Ansari

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 11:54 pm

Maybe they could edit it so that he sees her, freaks out, leaves the room, makes sure no one is watching, and blows a kiss from a safe distance?
Or is that not woke enough?

I guess they could just show her die and then roll the credits.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 1:33 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Maybe they could edit it so that he sees her, freaks out, leaves the room, makes sure no one is watching, and blows a kiss from a safe distance?

Actually that's not a bad idea, it would also be COVID friendly

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 8:51 am

cyberdad wrote:
Have you heard of the case involving comedian Aziz Ansari
Yes.  The incident never went to court, but was instead "tried" though the media, social websites, and public opinion.

The "jury" is still in deliberations.

:roll: ... and probably will be for a very long time.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 2:21 pm

Seriously, I remember seeing this as a kid and didn't infer any negative nor provocative ideals etc..

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 8:31 pm

Why don’t people leave movies alone? They are from a different time & people wouldn’t easily get offended. Those were the 30s-60s.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 8:35 pm

Looks like all movies from the 30s-60s are fair game now.

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 May 2021, 9:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
What's actually weird is that children probably watch more manga than they do Disney and boys do bad things to girls (to put it mildly).

Since you appear to be a troper, look up Unprovoked Pervert Reaction

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 2:14 am

TwisterUprocker wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
What's actually weird is that children probably watch more manga than they do Disney and boys do bad things to girls (to put it mildly).

Since you appear to be a troper, look up Unprovoked Pervert Reaction

Wow! well that opened a pandora's box I didn't expect to open.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 2:50 am

Fnord wrote:
The titular character's name implies drug addiction.  "Snow" is street slang for any white powder some people inhale through their nostrils.  "White" implies that the powder is high-grade cocaine.

As for the dwarfs...

Many types of drug abuse can produce symptoms, such as changes in sleep/wake patterns ("Sleepy"), mood swings ("Happy", "Grumpy"), alteration of personality ("Dopey", "Bashful"), and allergies ("Sneezy") ... all eventually necessitating a trip to the local supplier/pusher ("Doc").

The Witch?  She was just bringing snacks for anyone having the munchies.

Of course, George Carlin had a different take...
Quote:
The seven dwarfs were each on different little trips.  Happy was into grass and grass alone.  Happy, that's all he did.  Sleepy was into reds.  Grumpy, too much speed.  Sneezy was a full blown coke freak.  Doc was the connection.  Dopey was into everything.  Any old orifice will do for Dopey.  He's always got his arm out and his leg up.  And then, the one we always forget, because he was Bashful.  Bashful didn't use drugs.  He was paranoid on his own.  Didn't need any help up that ladder.

:wink:

George Carlin was a great man, and great comedian I am sad he is not around to make jokes nowdays, I bet he could come up with some funny ones if he was still around.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 11:19 am

It’s not unusual for people to give their departed relatives a good bye kiss.He obviously wasn’t a necrophiliac or he would have been groping her.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 4:41 pm

Misslizard wrote:
It’s not unusual for people to give their departed relatives a good bye kiss.He obviously wasn’t a necrophiliac or he would have been groping her.

Technically it would be offensive for the family for a stranger to go into a coffin and kiss their departed one.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 12:35 am

Misslizard wrote:
It’s not unusual for people to give their departed relatives a good bye kiss.

I hope they had consent!! :evil:

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 7:21 pm

So... The Disney movie is a rewriting of the fairy tale.

In the 'original' fairy tale - and I mean the brothers Grimm version, which is supposed to be a mere collection of folk-tales which were not written down, so there's no author and no 'original' - the prince falls in love with snow white in the casket and asks the dwarfs to deliver it to his castle. God knows what his intentions were.
But somrone trips over a something, the casket drops to the ground snd the poisonous apple dislodges.

Disnry slso rewrote Sleepung Beauty.
Here, prince charming defeats the dragon, kisses Sleeping Beauty - and nothing hsppens. So the Prince impregnates the sleeping woman, she has twins, and when they nurse on her breasts, she wakes up.

So... Seems to me like Disney averaged out the lack of consent and so on according yo the standards of the times the films were made in.
Most Disney fairytales resemble closest the versions of fairytales Charles Perrault had rewritten in the 18th century, to fit the morals of his times.

The Grimm versions were written down later, but are older, and frankly,a lot more medieval.

Anyway. There's no 'original', and the Disney versions are certainly not it, and everyone has been rewriting these stories with the values of the times in mind.

I do wish Cinderella still had all the mutilation it had in the Grimm version - it's soo gory.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 7:42 pm

shlaifu wrote:
The Grimm versions were written down later, but are older, and frankly,a lot more medieval.

Anyway. There's no 'original', and the Disney versions are certainly not it, and everyone has been rewriting these stories with the values of the times in mind.

I do wish Cinderella still had all the mutilation it had in the Grimm version - it's soo gory.

Which illustrates what I have being saying. The puritans who were fans of the Grimm's fairy tales might have said the same thing about Walt Disney trying to "sanitise" the olden fairy tales for modern audiences. The attempt to sanitise some scenes from Disney is again a reflection of how modern societies morals and ethics are changing.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 8:12 pm

cyberdad wrote:
shlaifu wrote:

Which illustrates what I have being saying. The puritans who were fans of the Grimm's fairy tales might have said the same thing about Walt Disney trying to "sanitise" the olden fairy tales for modern audiences. The attempt to sanitise some scenes from Disney is again a reflection of how modern societies morals and ethics are changing.

I watched a talk on Dutch iconoclasm in the 17th century, I think. The historian broke down the process of modern iconoclasm into several steps:
First, the images of the old relogion/culture has to be desecrated, to demonstrate that they have lost their power and effect on the new society.
Then they have to be removed.
Then they get put in museums where they are on display not as items of worship, but as historical items. They need a plaque that explains what they are, what they were used for. This 'explaining' removes the item from being a thing in a living culture that needs no explanation and makes it into an item so far away from today and so foreign, you need to actually explain it.

The final step is its veneration not as a holy object, but as a piece of art or craftsmanship, a profane object of aesthetic quality.

Sanitizing fairytales is the only way how Disney can keep those fairytales in circulation and part of our culture - and part of their income-generating portfolio.
If they were moved into the "art" section, only people interested in them as pieces of art would watch them. But they want to sell these to contemporary children, so they aren't allowed to become "art"