Page 2 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:20 pm

the scene where one of the dwarfs says "not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin!" might want a closer look by the editor, as "chin-chin" means private part in japanese.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:34 pm

The titular character's name implies drug addiction.  "Snow" is street slang for any white powder some people inhale through their nostrils.  "White" implies that the powder is high-grade cocaine.

As for the dwarfs...

Many types of drug abuse can produce symptoms, such as changes in sleep/wake patterns ("Sleepy"), mood swings ("Happy", "Grumpy"), alteration of personality ("Dopey", "Bashful"), and allergies ("Sneezy") ... all eventually necessitating a trip to the local supplier/pusher ("Doc").

The Witch?  She was just bringing snacks for anyone having the munchies.

Of course, George Carlin had a different take...

Quote:
The seven dwarfs were each on different little trips.  Happy was into grass and grass alone.  Happy, that's all he did.  Sleepy was into reds.  Grumpy, too much speed.  Sneezy was a full blown coke freak.  Doc was the connection.  Dopey was into everything.  Any old orifice will do for Dopey.  He's always got his arm out and his leg up.  And then, the one we always forget, because he was Bashful.  Bashful didn't use drugs.  He was paranoid on his own.  Didn't need any help up that ladder.

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2021, 9:59 pm

there is a scene where snow white skips a step near the bottom of a staircase [accident in the animation where the original cels were missing, resulting in an abrupt gap in snow white's step motion], that sensitive people might find bothersome, but disney won't fix it because they are hidebound.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:13 am

What's actually weird is that children probably watch more manga than they do Disney and boys do bad things to girls (to put it mildly).

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:29 am

old_comedywriter wrote:
As long as there was no tongue...

:lmao: Why don't these people make their own cartoons?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:31 am

Aprilviolets wrote:
old_comedywriter wrote:

I was thinking snow white would be a good name for a cartoon on a female drug dealer.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:33 am

cyberdad wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
old_comedywriter wrote:

I was thinking snow white would be a good name for a cartoon on a female drug dealer.

Yes she could snort cocaine and then be on a reality tv show.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 1:01 am

Aprilviolets wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Aprilviolets wrote:
old_comedywriter wrote:

Yes she could snort cocaine and then be on a reality tv show.

:lol:

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 9:05 am

Don't get me started on the heteronormative racist beauty standards Snow White "Supremacist" infests children with. Also CPR is an invention of the white man - it originally stood for Consent? hah no. Permission to Rape. The only protection against CPR is a signed DNR (Do Not Rape) order. Proof of Rape Culture if ever I saw it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 9:14 am

Quote:
"Fairytales are the common thread throughout the fabric of childhood in the United States.  The Grimm’s Fairytales serve as the foundation to many of the stories that are common in a variety of mediums.  A survey of these re-published stories yields a distinct trend that focuses on validating women through submissive beauty while men are portrayed as active and, at times, violent.  Rather than being a mere reflection of societal ideals, these fairytales perpetuate Christian, patriarchal concepts as a means of maintaining the gender hierarchy.  An analysis of the Disney version of Sleeping Beauty illustrates the changes that fairytales undergo, the stereotypes that they perpetuate and the more subtle forms of social manipulation that they employ.  The effects of fairytales are evident in everything from studies done with children to the roles of males and females in current television programs.  Movies, and more particularly horror movies, thrive on exploiting the stereotypes that tie together sexuality and violence that children are initially exposed to through fairytales.  Fairytales have never been bedtime stories; in this day in age, they have morphed into a very effective means of exercising power over women and maintaining gender inequality."

Source:  "... Happily Ever After" (or What Fairytales Teach Girls About Being Women) 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 05 May 2021, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 9:15 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Note to self: since stroke victims, heart attack victims, seizure victims, are by definition incapable of giving consent, thereby making it morally wrong for me to assist them without their consent, then it is also morally wrong for me to get refresher training on how to provide emergency care.

No, you're legally covered in that case.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 9:17 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Note to self: since stroke victims, heart attack victims, seizure victims, are by definition incapable of giving consent, thereby making it morally wrong for me to assist them without their consent, then it is also morally wrong for me to get refresher training on how to provide emergency care.
They are called "Implied Consent Laws", and they protect a person from civil and criminal prosecution when that person saves or attempts to save another person's life.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 9:36 am

What I see nobody addressing is that the kiss dislodged the poisoned apple from Snow White's lips, returning her to a living condition.

Didn't you guys read/see that version?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 9:43 am

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
They are called "Implied Consent Laws", and they protect a person from civil and criminal prosecution when that person saves or attempts to save another person's life.

In the context of the story, do you think Prince Charming is covered? :lol:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 9:52 am

Princes get away with a lot of stuff.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 10:05 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
In the context of the story, do you think Prince Charming is covered?
Given that "Once Upon a Time" was supposed to have been years before the story was first published in 1812, my unqualified legal opinion would be "Yes".

You see, under German law in the years leading up to the 19th century, princes were mostly able to freely exercise sovereign authority, provided they did not betray the Crown itself.  Thus, stealing a kiss from a sleeping woman would have been a trivial matter; and in this case, the "crime" was further mitigated by the implied consent for the prince to commit the osculatory act.

QED