Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

violetdr3amer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2021, 6:50 pm

Does anyone else here get body dysmorphia?

Mine is pretty severe, I feel really unattractive. I am not overweight, I'm 5'11" and a size 8/10, but unfortunately whenever I put on weight I get a gut, which makes me feel gross and unattractive. I used to be anorexic for many years; now luckily not anymore, but like everyone and their momma, I put on weight in lockdown.

I also seem to have an extreme aversion to exercise. I have zero motivation to exercise around my room, I hate jogging and the gym, it's just so mind-meltingly boring. The only types of exercise I enjoy are more extreme/cerebral ones, like pole dancing, aerial trapeze or bouldering, which is sadly not an option during lockdown.

I just can't wait for things to open up again so I can go to pole classes or something... does anyone have any tips for body acceptance? Cheers!

J e s s i c a
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2021, 6:57 pm

I used to get it bad yes, I really feel for you as it's very upsetting.

Exercise you don't really have to do to lose weight, none of that mad jogging about like you've got ants in your pants anyway. I figured out that simply walking around all day everywhere, up inclines and such while watching your calories you end up losing the weight pretty fast but you don't want to delve into anorexia territory so it's worth getting the positive opinions of others around you to help, at least that's what helped me.

violetdr3amer

04 May 2021, 7:21 pm

J e s s i c a wrote:
I used to get it bad yes, I really feel for you as it's very upsetting.

Exercise you don't really have to do to lose weight, none of that mad jogging about like you've got ants in your pants anyway. I figured out that simply walking around all day everywhere, up inclines and such while watching your calories you end up losing the weight pretty fast but you don't want to delve into anorexia territory so it's worth getting the positive opinions of others around you to help, at least that's what helped me.

You're right, I need to get out for walks more often. I tend to only go for walks with friends. I have become lazy in lockdown and I have pretty severe social anxiety/agoraphobia, which I need to overcome somehow... I have an irrational fear of bumping into people who have bullied me in the past >__<