Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:42 pm

Do you own any?

I own 8, so far - 7 small Harry Potter ones (they are from a Funko Pop Advent calendar) and one big one - the evil clown Pennywise from "It" :mrgreen: :twisted: :D I won all of them in online contests. The story of how I won my Pennywise is quite interesting because in the contest, in which I got him, the participants had to write what Polish name they would give to Pennywise, if they had a choice. I opted for a Wenancjusz because, as I explained, it stems from the Latin word "venans", which means hunting and it was, after all what Pennywise did - he hunted for his unfortunate victims.

Wenancjusz is a very rare, weird and obsolete sounding name - one of those practically no one knows about and when you already happen to meet a Wenancjusz, your typical reaction is like:"OMG, what a weird name".

Now I participate in three Facebook contests, in which I can win Funko Pop figurines, too and you can help me get three of those in one of them, if you have a FB account:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 651&type=3

Just give me a "like" on there - click on "Lubię to!" (it means "I like it" in Polish). The person who has the biggest number of "likes" is going to win :D

Do you have any Funko Pops, as well? At first, I hated those HUGE heads :roll: but later on, they started to grow on me :D :heart:

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2021, 12:49 pm

Yes!! ! I actually recently got the ones of the Terrance & Phillip characters from South Park, partially because of their uncanny resemblance to the logo of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver which I attended :lol:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 12:56 pm

I watched so far only the "South Park BLU" feature movie and I enjoyed the Terrence and Phillip performance in it :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2gABYTmXos Those two singers in red and blue, remind me of them :D

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2021, 1:01 pm

I have other Pops too, mostly of snack mascots from brands like Slush Puppie, Hawaiian Punch, Kool Aid, Cocoa Puffs, Lucky Charms, Captain Crunch, Trix, Planters Peanuts, and Cocoa & Fruity Pebbles :D I also collect plush sports mascots whenever I visit a new arena or stadium :lol:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 1:44 pm

If I manage to win, I will get a Gandalf, too :D I care for this figurine most (though I'm not a big fan of LOTR in all honesty :) ).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2021, 3:38 pm

I collect other toys, but not these.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 6:28 am

OMG, I just won another Funko Pop figurine in another contest :D I don't know exactly which one and I won't know this until I get it because the figurines are going to be sent on random :) I'm awaiting now the announcement of results of two other Funko Pop contests more :D

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 12:32 pm

Irulan wrote:
OMG, I just won another Funko Pop figurine in another contest :D

I was just told it's going to be TWO figurines :D Mini figurines but still :)

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2021, 3:04 am

I just won also another figurine - I don't know which one, though, again :D

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2021, 6:29 am

O.K., I just got them - after almost two months :D. Those turned out to be Fortnite's Valor and Omega (the mini figurines) and The Mole Man :D (though in all honesty I'd prefer Galactus) :D

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2021, 2:00 am

I got one as a gift once, but I gave it to my girlfriend, since she was into them.
But she realized that they were just taking up space, and she got rid of most of them.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 2:11 am

I won another one - like two days ago - but this time I also don't know which one :D I have 11 Funko Pop figurines so far :D (plus this last one I just won).

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 10:34 am

Don't have them 'cause I don't like them. The faces are creepy. My sister has one though, Lexa from The 100.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 11:01 am

My Mole Man and Pennywise figurines do have such weird, creepy faces indeed.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 2:49 am

Today I got my new figurine I had won - it's a Natasha Romanov one :)

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 7:28 am

I used to have all four of The Golden Girls pop figurines. :heart:

♤ The Military