Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 43,358
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

06 May 2021, 12:53 am

MidnightRose wrote:
But how do you know this is a result of nature and not nurture? We have yet to live in a society without coercion and oppression. Perhaps in a truly free society, people would develop in better ways?


Perhaps. I'm a Lutheran so I'm cynical about human nature. I also studied history in college, so the same thing applies.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 104,639
Location: the island of defective toy santas

06 May 2021, 1:25 am

seems the good elements have gotten about as good as is humanly possible on earth, while the bad elements continue to refine and expand and deepen their iniquities. there is no bottom to evil.



cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Joined: 12 Apr 2021
Gender: Male
Posts: 206

06 May 2021, 2:29 am

GGPViper wrote:
The (vast) majority of humanity doesn't give a damn about the (vast) majority of humanity.

The world isn't evil. It is indifferent.

It takes active effort to be evil... just think of the years and years of training needed to perfect the Mwahahaha! laugh.

Indifference, on the other hand, can be practised 24/7 (even while sleeping!) with impunity without breaking a sweat.


Absolutely . As you say , to assume the World is Evil isn't the best way to look at it . Bad News is Front Page . But that's Agenda based to make people feel as if it's alot worse than it is .

Degrees of caring vary from person to person .. based on many factors .. it's a personal basis .

It's a Mind Game .



Last edited by Cornflake on 06 May 2021, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a reference to the OP

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,104
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

06 May 2021, 6:53 am

I haven't figure out how participate in threads yet rather than just post in em so I'll try a shorter version:

People are trash. People see you as trash because you're 'people' to them. It's a revolving door of narcissism and solipsism, it's about genes not truth.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,701
Location: Stendec

06 May 2021, 8:42 am

GGPViper wrote:
The (vast) majority of humanity doesn't give a damn about the (vast) majority of humanity.  The world isn't evil.  It is indifferent.  It takes active effort to be evil... just think of the years and years of training needed to perfect the Mwahahaha! laugh.  Indifference, on the other hand, can be practised 24/7 (even while sleeping!) with impunity without breaking a sweat.
↑ This, quoted for Truth.

Relatives not caring that I was homeless seems to me the most collectively evil act they ever did.


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,701
Location: Stendec

06 May 2021, 8:46 am

thinkinginpictures wrote:
... I have concern for other people.  That's what my entire OP is about, otherwise I wouldn't even mind writing a topic about it on an international/English-speaking website with people far away from where I live.
Yes ... very caring words ... now, how about some actions to back them up?

I have notice a lot of ranting against various injustices; but very little (if any) action being taken to correct them, [i]especially by the writers of those rants!


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,109

06 May 2021, 8:50 am

Fnord wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
... I have concern for other people.  That's what my entire OP is about, otherwise I wouldn't even mind writing a topic about it on an international/English-speaking website with people far away from where I live.
Yes ... very caring words ... now, how about some actions to back them up?

I have notice a lot of ranting against various injustices; but very little (if any) action being taken to correct them, [i]especially by the writers of those rants!


I do take action. I vote for the political party at both national and EU-parliament who wants better welfare, more rights and responsibility for both homelessness, refugees, social outcasts, disabled people, climate and pandemic control.

I vote for this party:
http://iu.enhedslisten.dk/international ... n-alliance



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,701
Location: Stendec

06 May 2021, 9:02 am

thinkinginpictures wrote:
Fnord wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
... I have concern for other people.  That's what my entire OP is about, otherwise I wouldn't even mind writing a topic about it on an international/English-speaking website with people far away from where I live.
Yes ... very caring words ... now, how about some actions to back them up?  I have notice a lot of ranting against various injustices; but very little (if any) action being taken to correct them, especially by the writers of those rants!
I do take action. I vote for the political party at both national and EU-parliament who wants better welfare, more rights and responsibility for both homelessness, refugees, social outcasts, disabled people, climate and pandemic control.

I vote for this party:
http://iu.enhedslisten.dk/international ... n-alliance
Please forgive me for expressing cynicism, because this is not specifically directed at you; but voting for one's favourite political party seems to be about as effective as praying to one's favourite saint -- "thoughts and prayers", and all that.


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,223
Location: Tulsa, OK

06 May 2021, 9:39 am

Yep, I agree that this world is swimming in evil.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,952

06 May 2021, 9:43 am



Judging From Politics, At Least, i Live
in the Most Evil State of the United

States Where Trump, Gaetz, and

Of Recent Truly Pure Evil

DeSantis Rules Preventing

Localities By Law Recently

In Not Protecting Their

Citizens From a Deadly Pandemic;

With Some Rationality That Conspiracy

Leaning Theorist Aspects of the Population

Will Be More Likely to Take The Vaccination This way...

Yeah, There Are Days

The World Seems

Evil to me;

Yet It's Not Humans

Inherently As i've met Humans

Who Don't Care That i am Autistic,

Write Differently, or Have Also Met

The Challenge of Bi-Polar And Stay Balanced

And Are The Sweetest Angels on Earth to me Every Day

Without Fail; It Depends on Where You Go And Who You Meet

And Greet; This Poetry provides an Avenue for me to Meet And Greet

The Loveliest Angels on Earth From India; i Lost a Friend Today, Astha, About

28 And A Professor Engineer Working on Her PHD, Publishing 7 Books of

Poetry, Seeing no limits in Life, Until meeting the Covid-19 Variant in India

Ending Her Life on April 30th; Meanwhile, A Bishop Doesn't Require Masks

in Church And Chastises Folks By the Name of Jesus Who Speak Up And Insist

People Should Respect their Neighbor More than that and Protect Their Lives

As Where i Live About 20 Percent of Folks Are Fully Vaccinated And it Will Be
Amazing to See it Get Close to 50 Percent, in a Place Where About 70 Percent of

the 70 Percent who Voted For Trump

Still Believe

The Big
Lie of

Trump As

A Savior as
Promoted As Part of the Church;

Yet You See, There is Another Place;

There Are Many Places Where Ignorance

At Least Locally Does Not exist this way;

Where Love is the Champion of All;

Where All Are Treated with

A Philosophy of

'Namaste';

Yet of Course

There is the True Evil

of Castes there And Ignorance

of Religion That Crowds together

During A Deadly Pandemic too;

Yet Again There is Love;

What those

Who

Experience

It, Live Most For in

Life; Yet There is Love

Still Where Love Breathes

And Refuses to go silent and stop breathing...

This is Where i Live; All the Blood, Sweat, And

Tears Worked for to Arrive And Stay in this Heaven Now...

It's Not A Place that comes free...

it's a place

That

takes

Blood,
Sweat,

And Tears

to Arrive and Stay...

In this Way Life is Heaven...

A Place of Fire Within that is Warm

to Touch Others with the Same Fire...

Culture And Religion Often Is Practiced As Evil; Humans

Who Touch Each Other Touch Each Other Best with Love...

The Fact Is, If We Can't Develop This Fire Within, It is Very

Hard to Spread And Eventually Receive; at First one must

Find a Way to Love Their Self Enough to Love Others;
That's a real task

For Most

People

Indeed; Standing

in Front of A Mirror

Naked And Finally

Feeling Enough

to Spread

What

You Inherently

Are, Human With Love...

Yeah, i realize these words

are empty Shells with No Substance

if you Don't have the feelings; Been there

And done it in Hell for 66 Months, 33 Months

on this Website too; With NO HOPE to see through

an Opaque Mirror and

Window then...

In Short,

Now,

i See Clearly;

Some Folks Can't

See me; Some Can And Still Do

As the Record Shows Still With Irrefutable evidence...



_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2016
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 981
Location: Yorkshire, UK

06 May 2021, 10:07 am

It's simple, the world has a psychopathy/narcissism problem, if you don't get those behaviours taught out of you by your parents you're basically part of the problem. I watched a documentary with a psychopathy expert last night actually - he was saying 1 in 20 people are psychopaths, that's like 2 billion people of the world. Probably more.

All these corrupt companies are ran by these same types of people who run off greed and jealousy and these are the ones harming the planet and manipulating the masses with doctored evidence. Plenty of religions have warned about this behaviour for hundreds of years and yet people don't get it. Governments are greedy corrupt narcissists who use tax payers money for self gain, it's literally everywhere. These people want to see suffering because it gives them life.

However with this in mind it doesn't mean the entirety of humanity is bad, there are plenty of empaths and good people willing to help others with charity and care who you would consider "woke".


_________________
Fish & Chips tho


techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,104
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

06 May 2021, 12:54 pm

Lunella wrote:
It's simple, the world has a psychopathy/narcissism problem, if you don't get those behaviours taught out of you by your parents you're basically part of the problem. I watched a documentary with a psychopathy expert last night actually - he was saying 1 in 20 people are psychopaths, that's like 2 billion people of the world. Probably more.

Taken literally that's a little south of 400 million, I think the problem is that there's maybe 15-20 percent or slightly more who I'd consider adjacent - ie. they see that narcissists and psychopaths kill it at zero-sum games, they want to play zero-sum games better and even compete with them so they emulate their behavior as well as they can.

The hard problem in this - they're right, thinking Machiavellian does help you kill it at zero-sum games. The question then becomes, especially in times of scarcity, who can afford to not play those games without having everything taken from them. As a society we haven't thought about ways to staple non-psychopathy into the culture very well and I think we're seeing that this is a serious oversight.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


NoClearMind53
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 25 Mar 2018
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 290

15 May 2021, 6:23 pm

GGPViper wrote:
The (vast) majority of humanity doesn't give a damn about the (vast) majority of humanity.

The world isn't evil. It is indifferent.

It takes active effort to be evil... just think of the years and years of training needed to perfect the Mwahahaha! laugh.

Indifference, on the other hand, can be practised 24/7 (even while sleeping!) with impunity without breaking a sweat.

Actually, indifference will eventually lead to active evil. When vast populations are neglected, a return to tribal-identity based violence will definitely occur. It's already happening all over the world now. The global neoliberalism economic order is neglectful and it's having negative consequences.



NoClearMind53
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 25 Mar 2018
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 290

15 May 2021, 6:43 pm

Fnord wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
Fnord wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
... I have concern for other people.  That's what my entire OP is about, otherwise I wouldn't even mind writing a topic about it on an international/English-speaking website with people far away from where I live.
Yes ... very caring words ... now, how about some actions to back them up?  I have notice a lot of ranting against various injustices; but very little (if any) action being taken to correct them, especially by the writers of those rants!
I do take action. I vote for the political party at both national and EU-parliament who wants better welfare, more rights and responsibility for both homelessness, refugees, social outcasts, disabled people, climate and pandemic control.

I vote for this party:
http://iu.enhedslisten.dk/international ... n-alliance
Please forgive me for expressing cynicism, because this is not specifically directed at you; but voting for one's favourite political party seems to be about as effective as praying to one's favourite saint -- "thoughts and prayers", and all that.

It's harm prevention at best. People who do have money, time, and/or energy to spare after taking care of themselves are a scarce commodity. We have the technological ability to take care of basic needs without a lot of energy, but we didn't evolve in that kind of environment for the majority of the past 100k years, so it escapes intuition. Instead almost all our energy is directed at whatever makes money for someone somewhere, even leisure activity like social media. I don't know what the solution is, but the problem has clearly gotten worse with time.