Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

King Kat 1
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2021, 2:54 pm

I agree with that analysis, it's true. They almost need a McGovern or Dukakis moment, meaning totally get destroyed in an election and having re-think the whole thing. I'm not sure if that's a good way to put it but something is amiss here.

I've honestly thought and I know it's been said before, that 2024 COULD be a 3 way race. The GOP sticking to there guns but a faction walking out and putting up there own ticket, like a Mitt Romney or John Kasich. I think of 1912,1948,1968,and maybe 1992. How you hold the gop totally together at this point, I'm not sure.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 4:08 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
If you caught "Meet the Press" this morning you would have seen Ms. Cheney saying that "The GOP can no longer live with Trump", and you would have seen a dozen other GOP Congressfolks including Mitch McConnel say "the GOP cant live without Trump".

The sad thing is that both statements are probably true!

That's the problem when your entire party's platform is rage, denial of reality and hate for the opposition with no coherent agenda beyond that. If Liz Cheney wants to be part of the own the libs club she needs to accept the lies the rest of the club adhere to or be cast out as a lib.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 4:47 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
If you caught "Meet the Press" this morning you would have seen Ms. Cheney saying that "The GOP can no longer live with Trump", and you would have seen a dozen other GOP Congressfolks including Mitch McConnel say "the GOP cant live without Trump".

The sad thing is that both statements are probably true!

That's the problem when your entire party's platform is rage, denial of reality and hate for the opposition with no coherent agenda beyond that. If Liz Cheney wants to be part of the own the libs club she needs to accept the lies the rest of the club adhere to or be cast out as a lib.

She does not want to own the libs she just thinks their policy prescriptions will be bad for the country which defines her to her party's base as a wimpy RINO liberal.

It looks like the theme for the 2024 election will be Go woke or Go Q. My definition of a nightmare.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 4:56 pm

so the GOP is driving her out of their little tent, they think having one fewer GOPer in there will help them?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 5:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
so the GOP is driving her out of their little tent, they think having one fewer GOPer in there will help them?

Of course, it will help them, one less dissenting opinion to listen to, especially an opinion from an uppity woman. :evil:

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 May 2021, 6:06 pm

King Kat 1 wrote:
I agree with that analysis, it's true. They almost need a McGovern or Dukakis moment, meaning totally get destroyed in an election and having re-think the whole thing. I'm not sure if that's a good way to put it but something is amiss here.

I've honestly thought and I know it's been said before, that 2024 COULD be a 3 way race. The GOP sticking to there guns but a faction walking out and putting up there own ticket, like a Mitt Romney or John Kasich. I think of 1912,1948,1968,and maybe 1992. How you hold the gop totally together at this point, I'm not sure.

All they seem to have is anti-red hysteria. They can prey on the fact that people don't really understand what's going on. If there are any negative economic signals at all they will jump all over them and blame Democrats. Because they're only purpose is to defend the powerful, they don't have to create positive change. All they have to do is make people fear. I'm hoping you're right, but it's dangerous to discredit them. They are very good at manipulating.