Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2021, 10:22 pm

This is currently front page news in Australian newspapers
Australia’s biggest women’s basketball star Liz Cambage has threatened to abandon the Tokyo Olympics after taking issue with a team photo.

The photos

Cambage, 29, who has played for our national women’s basketball team the Opals at the past two Olympics, made the threat on Instagram on Thursday in a series of posts.
She shared two images — one of athletes showing off Australia’s uniform for the Games and another promoting the official underwear sponsor of the team — she said were examples of whitewashing and did not represent the diverse backgrounds of Australia’s athletes.
“If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a million times, HOW AM I MEANT TO REPRESENT A COUNTRY THAT DOESN’T EVEN REPRESENT ME,” Cambage wrote.
“Y’all do anything to remove POC (People of Colour) from the forefront when it’s black athletes leading the pack,” she added.

It's interesting I have noticed a demographic shift in our Olympic athletics and basketball team not being represented by the AOC webpage or their marketing. She may have a point.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 8:24 am

It is all just a show of "Nationalist" pride, anyway.

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 8:15 pm

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 8:44 pm

Nationalism has spread through the world like a virus. It's quite sickening.

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645