Investigation in payments to Stormy Daniels dropped

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 1:18 pm

Donald Trump's Legal Problems Over Stormy Daniels End as FEC Closes Probe

Quote:
The Federal Election Commission (FEC) has announced its dismissal of a case examining whether Republican former President Donald Trump violated campaign finance laws by paying $130,000 in hush money to adult film actress Stormy Daniels.

On Thursday, the FEC, which has three Republican commissioners and three Democratic commissioners, announced its decision. The decision resulted from a 2-2 vote that occurred in April. Two Democrats voted to proceed with the case, two Republicans voted to dismiss. One Democrat was absent and one Republican recused themselves. Because of the tie, the case was dismissed.

The Democrat commissioners, Shana Broussard and Ellen Weintraub, criticized the decision.

"To conclude that a payment, made 13 days before Election Day to hush up a suddenly newsworthy 10-year-old story, was not campaign-related, without so much as conducting an investigation, defies reality," the women wrote in a joint letter about the decision.

The Republican commissioners who voted to dismiss, Trey Trainor and Sean Cooksey, said they cast their votes as a matter of "prosecutorial discretion." Prosecutorial discretion is when someone decides whether or not to investigate or charge a person for a crime.

"In sum, the public record is complete with respect to the conduct at issue in these complaints, and Mr. Cohen has been punished by the government of the United States for the conduct at issue in these matters," Trainor and Cooksey said in a statement. "Thus, we concluded that pursuing these matters further was not the best use of agency resources."

All the Russia, Russia, Russia hysteria and here was a no doubt attempt to influence the 2016 election and crickets.

I am going have to stop my denial and face the reality that the man is never going to go to prison, that the man is one of the great historical masters at getting away with it.

Yet another example of how the once Grand Old Party is just another one of his properties.

You would think that all of the investigations into Trump in hostile New York would find away to hit pay dirt but I just don’t have any confidence in that anymore.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 1:37 pm

Let's see what happens with his tax cases....

And....don't forget that phone call he made to the Georgia election official.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 1:44 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Investigation in payments to Stormy Daniels dropped.
:wall:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 2:24 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Donald Trump's Legal Problems Over Stormy Daniels End as FEC Closes Probe
Quote:
The Federal Election Commission (FEC) has announced its dismissal of a case examining whether Republican former President Donald Trump violated campaign finance laws by paying $130,000 in hush money to adult film actress Stormy Daniels.

On Thursday, the FEC, which has three Republican commissioners and three Democratic commissioners, announced its decision. The decision resulted from a 2-2 vote that occurred in April. Two Democrats voted to proceed with the case, two Republicans voted to dismiss. One Democrat was absent and one Republican recused themselves. Because of the tie, the case was dismissed.

The Democrat commissioners, Shana Broussard and Ellen Weintraub, criticized the decision.

"To conclude that a payment, made 13 days before Election Day to hush up a suddenly newsworthy 10-year-old story, was not campaign-related, without so much as conducting an investigation, defies reality," the women wrote in a joint letter about the decision.

The Republican commissioners who voted to dismiss, Trey Trainor and Sean Cooksey, said they cast their votes as a matter of "prosecutorial discretion." Prosecutorial discretion is when someone decides whether or not to investigate or charge a person for a crime.

"In sum, the public record is complete with respect to the conduct at issue in these complaints, and Mr. Cohen has been punished by the government of the United States for the conduct at issue in these matters," Trainor and Cooksey said in a statement. "Thus, we concluded that pursuing these matters further was not the best use of agency resources."

All the Russia, Russia, Russia hysteria and here was a no doubt attempt to influence the 2016 election and crickets.

I am going have to stop my denial and face the reality that the man is never going to go to prison, that the man is one of the great historical masters at getting away with it.

Yet another example of how the once Grand Old Party is just another one of his properties.

You would think that all of the investigations into Trump in hostile New York would find away to hit pay dirt but I just don’t have any confidence in that anymore.

I wouldn't say,"Bastardian" is never going to prison, just difficult; unless prosecutors can bring forth concrete evidence irrefutable from a defense basis, might put him or even his children away in prison for some time.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 12:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Let's see what happens with his tax cases....

And....don't forget that phone call he made to the Georgia election official.

That Georgia call was proven to be a media hoax. Stormy was just being paid for services. Nothing to see here.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 12:58 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
That Georgia call was proven to be a media hoax.

Some of the precise wording attributed to Trump in the papers has been disputed, however the overall tone from Trump in that call (accusatory without foundation, pressuring and misleading) remains highly questionable and there's still a criminal investigation underway by the District Attorney.