Have you gotten the COVID-19 shot?

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

21 May 2021, 12:55 pm

I've had both AstraZeneca shots.
The day after the first one I felt slightly nauseous, giddy and had an all-day stinker of a headache. The day after that, nothing.
On the second I had no side effects at all apart from a short-lived (2-4 hours) slight ache at the injection site.

Not being someone who tolerates needles well I was very surprised at the complete absence of any pain or unpleasant feelings - not even the "sharp scratch" as often warned for injections.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 1:24 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm curious to know what the longest effect of a second Pfizer might be?

I know of people feeling crummy for a day or two, but has anyone had a longer / worse reaction?

Just planning ahead to August.
We got Pfizer in February and March. I had no side effects. My bride says she had some headaches, body aches and tiredness for about a week--she hid it well, though, I thought it only showed for a day.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 11:30 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Wow - so true. Thanks for the reminder. I have big plans within a week of my second jab and it just dawned on me that I might not be feeling well.

Hopefully it's minor. Most people, if they feel ill at all, it's only for a day or two.
But I only really pay attention to the Long Haul groups, so I don't really know how the COVID virgins are taking it.