How Much Do You Think Looks Matter In Dating?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

How Much Do You Think Looks Matter In Dating?
They're the only thing that matters 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
They matter a lot 30%  30%  [ 9 ]
They matter somewhat 57%  57%  [ 17 ]
They don't matter very much 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
They don't matter at all 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 30

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2021, 6:03 am

cyberdad wrote:
Hypothetically would you compromise for Daniel Radcliffe?

Depends. Is this hypothetical Daniel Radcliffe slightly taller than he is in real life and recently had a shave? Last thing I saw him in he really needed a shave. Also would this hypothetical Radcliffe be sharing any interests with me and grounds to begin a relationship with?

Muse933277 wrote:
Which gives evidence to my point that being a 6 ft tall white guy is a huge advantage in dating, at least in the west.

The 6 ft tall white guy syndrome is real.

How so? Most the guys I meet through online gaming so when I first start talking to them I have no idea what they look like. Unless being in a dark basement for hours on end actual contributes to growing taller than average, like in the science experiment you do with cress at school to find which grows more healthy.

That said if I do find some attractive, I have asked and met others for a drink to engage if it was worthwhile persuing. The guys who generally ask me though I would have to say I am less likely to like although occasionally its has happened, although my girlfriends have assured me this is rare and they never have random strangers hit on them in the street and I find them more attractive than me.

Also why do they have to be white? Oriental guys can also be over 6ft. Also my prefered height is 5'7-5-10 but I don't seem to attract normal height guys :?

We could argue that blonde haired or big breast women have more luck than brunettes or small breasts.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 May 2021, 6:21 am

amykitten wrote:
We could argue that blonde haired or big breast women have more luck than brunettes or small breasts.
I wonder how much Julie Brown perpetuated that stereotype :lol: :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 May 2021, 6:24 am

To me, smell, touch, tone of voice and other senses matter much more than literally looks.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 6:43 am

Yep...I’d rather kiss a plain woman with nice breath than a supermodel with bad breath.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 May 2021, 6:58 am

A woman who makes me laugh a lot is very attractive in my book. I have the attention span of a gnat :tongue: Being very physically affectionate is a huge plus as well.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 9:07 am

If my wife had not been pretty, I may not have paid her much attention.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 11:01 am

Yeah looks matter to me; I'm not too picky about looks BUT I do have to find the girl at least somewhat physically attractive. I wouldn't date an obese chick nor would I date someone I find ugly.

If I dated an obese chick, the relationship would probably suck. Why? Because I wouldn't give a s**t about trying to make it work because i'm not even attracted to the person. She'd probably think i'm completely aromantic and asexual because i'd never want to have sex, not unless i'm completely drunk and the lights are off. That's why it'd be selfish of me to date someone who i'm not even attracted to.

Dry Dry Sea
Raven
Raven

10 May 2021, 11:16 am

magz wrote:
To me, smell, touch, tone of voice and other senses matter much more than literally looks.

The Devil destroys two important things in my Life. Tea and Perfume. He is bothering me. So i get angry.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 1:22 pm

I've had some "obese" chicks who were mighty good in bed!

If Mama Cass would have propositioned me in the 1960s, I wouldn't have refused :heart:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 1:59 pm

Physical looks like a person's profile or their stature don't mean much to me, but appearance matters with regard to grooming and self-care. I wouldn't want a partner who doesn't bathe, clean their teeth, visit a dentist, clean their clothes, or wear things that fit. I also have issues with certain colours or styles of clothes they might wear but of course that's temporary and people can change their clothes or develop interest in new styles over time.

I don't care if their hair is long, conservative, or short. I have a thing for bald men. I like glasses. Again, hair changes and people can start or stop wearing glasses and that's not part of their innate looks. Hair colour? Meh. I prefer dark hair but it doesn't matter. Weight? I'd rather have a partner slightly overweight or with a beer belly, than underweight and ripped. The thought of hugging muscle makes me cringe and I have no interest in men who spend time doing artificial workouts or staring in the mirror. Exercise should be from authentic activities like physical labour or sport.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2021, 2:10 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
Yeah looks matter to me; I'm not too picky about looks BUT I do have to find the girl at least somewhat physically attractive. I wouldn't date an obese chick nor would I date someone I find ugly.

That's a preference and it's not saying that looks matter to you IMO. I suspect you have other preferences like everyone does. I suspect you also have some personality qualities you look for in a person, how they smell, how they talk, how they hold a conversation etc. This is the whole picture. Looks to a certain extend matter in most people's relationship as you rightly said if there is no lust there will be no romantic interest but from your messages your just saying looks are the only thing that matter.

So question time if you could choose between:
A: The most beautiful person you could imagine in the world, but have none of the other traits you desire in a partner
B: Has all the desire traits you want in a partner, pretty but is obese

you'd probably pick C neither of them as neither would give you what you want from a partner.

Does that make sense?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 4:45 pm

amykitten wrote:
[
So question time if you could choose between:
A: The most beautiful person you could imagine in the world, but have none of the other traits you desire in a partner
B: Has all the desire traits you want in a partner, pretty but is obese

you'd probably pick C neither of them as neither would give you what you want from a partner.

Does that make sense?

With the luck I had back when I was single it's likely both of them wouldn't have picked me either :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 4:52 pm

Amykitten wouldn't have picked me :(

But that's okay. You cannot be everybody's lover....

No reflection on Amykitten at all; she has the right to like the guy she wants to like.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2021, 8:13 pm

If there were a graph of X (how much looks matter to people) and Y (how long they've known the other person):

The graph would start really high and gradually slope down. Looks matter a lot in the first 5 minutes of meeting someone. But not as much if you've known the person for months or years.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 8:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
No reflection on Amykitten at all; she has the right to like the guy she wants to like.

Of course all women have the right/freedom to choose whom to love. Where single men get frustrated (and this is a separate issue to Amykitten's taste in men) is when they get mixed signals or they are outright rejected before they get a chance to even talk to a girl.

Its really hard for a man who sees all his male friends or peers having beautiful/happy relationships and he's not able to get a girl to look at him or talk to him. There's a lot of men in this boat and it's one of the reasons the incel movement has taken off.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 9:02 pm

Minervx_2 wrote:
If there were a graph of X (how much looks matter to people) and Y (how long they've known the other person):

The graph would start really high and gradually slope down. Looks matter a lot in the first 5 minutes of meeting someone. But not as much if you've known the person for months or years.

Actually for a below average looking male it would look like this

....................................................................^.......^.....