Slap on the wrist for inciting anti COVID restriction riot

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 11:19 pm

Harold ‘Heshy’ Tischler pleads guilty in October 2020 attack on reporter in Brooklyn, avoids jail time

Quote:
Controversial City Council candidate Harold “Heshy” Tischler offered no apologies after pleading guilty to inciting a Brooklyn riot where a local reporter was beaten by a Hasidic mob.

The unrepentant Tischler, who pleaded guilty Friday, will perform 10 days of community service according to the deal with Brooklyn prosecutors.

His admission came seven months after violence erupted at a Borough Park protest over COVID restrictions on the size of religious gatherings, with Tischler allegedly urging demonstrators to target journalist Jacob Kornbluh.

“Heshy Tischsler here, with my three lawyers,” the upbeat defendant said in a video posted after his virtual court appearance Friday. “They saved me. We’re going to win the City Council.”

Tischler tweeted that he celebrated the plea deal over pizza with his granddaughter

Reports at the time of the October protest indicated that Tischler riled up the crowd against Kornbluh, who was attacked by Hasidic Jews denouncing him as “Hitler” and a “Nazi.” Tischler initially faced additional charges of unlawful imprisonment, menacing and harassment for his role in the incident.

Under his plea deal, Tischler will do his community service at a local food bank and the case will be sealed if he puts in the hours and obeys a court order barring him from contact with Kornbluh.

The reporter drew Tischler’s ire over his reports that some in the Hasidic community were outraged by city and state rules limiting attendance at religious services and other events to stem the spread of COVID.

On the night of the attack, Kornbluh said, Tischler “ordered the crowd to chase me down the street” — where he was brutally assaulted by the demonstrators.

Tischler, in the same week he was arrested, made headlines for a viral video where he denounced Mayor de Blasio’s wife Chirlane McCray as a “kurva” — Yiddish for whore. He also described her as a “ret*d woman,” although Tischler did deliver a mea culpa in that case.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 11:21 pm

Wrist?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2021, 11:44 pm

Yes. The expression for a minor punishment is "slap on the wrist".

traven
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 1:29 am

them damn multiple personalities in grammer again :jester:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 3:07 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Yes. The expression for a minor punishment is "slap on the wrist".

Used to describe a punishment that is too lenient.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 May 2021, 8:46 am

Changed title from "Slap on the risk" to "Slap on the wrist".