So me and my boyfriend got rear ended by a teen today.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 1:06 am

Like holy crap when it happened it scared the crap out of me, me and my boyfriend were talking about some nonsense and then just a crash/boom sound and getting jarred forward my brain immideaitly thinking of what if it was a train, a big truck a gigantic earth ending earthquake like just as soon as me and my boyfriend were happy with were we lived this was the end and we for sure going to die, in the period of like 6 seconds before I realised it was a fairly minor thing of getting rear ended but it didn't do anything but supercial damage to either car. But yeah for a the few second I didn't register what had happened I almost got into a panic mode. but it was ok our car didn't suffer much damage and their car didn't either and it was like some teenage girl my boyfriend called his dad who mentioned we might still want to get a cop over..but yeah seems that could be a fairly normal thing but seems you cannot really trust cops so like our small accident could have become someone getting murdered by police so yeah hopefully it wasn't a mistake but we just brushed it off cause his car seemed fine and that girls car seemed fine if anything it just scared the crap out of me and my boyfriend for a minute. But like I did not want to have to talk to cops and well I bet that poor teenage girl did not want to talk to cops either so yeah since there was not anything other than superficial damage like the bumper looks more scratched up now just did not seem worth risking abusive cops to report it.

But yeah for sure I was certainly baised towards, just letting it go and not calling the cops, cause the cars where ok and well everyone knows cops can be overly aggressive. So for sure a situation in which it may have been appropriate to call a police officer we did not because well we know how they can be and we did not want to risk that especially over such a minor little thing that both cars were ok from. I mean for sure that teen driver would be at fault but just did not seem nessisary to report it...like maybe that girl learned a lesson to be more careful driving, but yeah she was obviously very sorry and it certainly could have been much worse. But yeah it was super minor all it did was scratch the bumper on my boyfriends car and and leave a crack on the other drivers front bumper. So all superficial stuff...but yeah so they got the insurance stuff of each other but yeah both parties decided against getting any police involved. but yeah I just hope that girl is ok and her parents aren't too mad at her for the crack in the front bumper.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 1:20 am

You do not know it only did superficial damage - the shockwave from the collision can distort the car's structure and even the drivetrain & such things as sensors for airbags and such.
And also knock the suspension components out of line.
And now the crash absorbing structures are damaged.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 1:32 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
You do not know it only did superficial damage - the shockwave from the collision can distort the car's structure and even the drivetrain & such things as sensors for airbags and such.
And also knock the suspension components out of line.
And now the crash absorbing structures are damaged.

Well they did exchange insurance information, but yeah we did not want to get cops involved, but still may be a good idea for him go get our car looked at at a shop just to make sure its ok. But idk it was really minor like the person wouldn't have been going more than like 5 mph when they hit us as we just started accelerating and for sure idk if we made the right choice but like we didn't want to get cops involved as mostly they make situations worse. But yeah may be worth mentioning to my boyfriend if he hasn't already thought of it that we should maybe just have a car mechanic at some place look at it and make sure its ok. But idk we didn't want that teen to get in too much trouble over it and like neither one of us wanted to talk to cops.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 3:54 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
this was the end

8O :( ):

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

CockneyRebel
Veteran