7 Dead in Colorado Springs Mass Shooting

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 10:43 pm

'Unspeakable acts': Gunman kills 6, then self, at birthday party in Colorado Springs, Colorado, police say

Quote:
Seven people are dead, including the suspected gunman, after a shooting at a Colorado Springs, Colorado, birthday party, police said Sunday.

Authorities responded to a shooting call at a mobile home park early Sunday and found six adults dead and one man seriously injured. The man later died at the hospital, the Colorado Springs Police Department said in a news release.

Police said children at the trailer were not hurt and are now with relatives.

The suspected shooter was the boyfriend of a female victim at the party attended by friends, family, and children. He walked inside and began shooting before dying by suicide, police said.

The neighborhood, lined with mobile homes with big yards, is usually quiet, the Denver Post reported.

Freddy Marquez told the Denver Post that he had attended the party and all the victims were members of the same extended family who were celebrating the birthdays of Marquez's wife and her brother.

In an initial report, police said the shooter knew the victims. Police have not released their names and saidthey are still investigating a motive.

Colorado Springs is about 70 miles south of Denver. It is Colorado's second-biggest city, behind Denver.

Colorado had the sixth-highest rate of public mass killings out of the 50 states in a database compiled in March by USA TODAY, Northeastern University and The Associated Press.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 12:59 am

Does it always have to be Colorado? I know not all have happened here, but just seems colorado specifically gets a ton of mass shootings and active shooter situations than other states.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 11:17 am

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/04/993604289/man-who-shot-and-killed-3-at-kansas-jewish-centers-dies-in-prison

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TwisterUprocker
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 May 2021, 3:37 pm

Good riddance. I wished he could have been executed.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 7:03 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Does it always have to be Colorado? I know not all have happened here, but just seems colorado specifically gets a ton of mass shootings and active shooter situations than other states.

I wonder about that myself. I can think of nothing offhand that makes Colorado different from even other "wild west" states.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 8:34 pm

Colorado sure has a lot of lunatics.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 6:40 pm

Gunman identified in Colorado Springs birthday party shooting, cops say he killed girlfriend and 5 others because he wasn’t invited

Quote:
Teodoro Macias Jr., 28, was enraged his girlfriend didn’t want him at the Saturday celebration in Colorado Springs, and went on rampage, killing her and five adult relatives, police said at a press conference.

“At the core of this horrendous act is domestic violence,” Colorado Springs Police Chief Vince Niski said, adding that Macias “displayed power and control issues” in the relationship.

Macias was dating Sandra Ibarra, 28, for about a year before he killed her, police said. The other five victims were identified Tuesday as: Jose Ibarra, 26, Sandra’s brother; Mayra Ibarra Perez, 33, Sandra’s sister; Melvin Perez, 30, Mayra’s husband; Jose Gutierrez, 21, Melvin’s brother; and Joanna Cruz, 52, Jose and Melvin’s mother.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 7:24 pm

Colorado, these days, is known as a pretty liberal state. It is not known as a hotbed of white supremacists.