Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which of these Conspiracy Theories have you heard or read?
 5G causes autism. 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
 5G causes cancer. 15%  15%  [ 10 ]
 5G causes, exacerbates, or spreads COVID. 15%  15%  [ 10 ]
 5G damages trees/plants. 6%  6%  [ 4 ]
 5G kills birds. 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
 Bill Gates is using 5G to brainwash Americans. 15%  15%  [ 10 ]
 China is using 5G to spy on Americans. 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
 COVID lockdowns are a way to secretly install 5G towers. 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
 The United Nations is using 5G to depopulate the planet. 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
 None of the above. 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
 Other: ________________ (Please elaborate). 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 67

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 10:32 am

We've all seen crazy conspiracy theories on the internet; and in the last couple of years, baseless conspiracy theories about 5G technology have increased.  For example, a bomb was set off in Nashville, Tennessee last year because of one man's belief that 5G had killed his father.  Many other people believe that 5G causes cancer and autism, kills trees and birds, and is used for brainwashing, spying, and spreading diseases.

What 5G conspiracy theories have you heard or read?  Please respond in the attached poll.  You may select any or all answers, and you may change your selection at any time.  If you answer the poll, please post a comment; and if you post a comment, please answer the poll.

Please avoid posting other conspiracy theories or long, rambling posts.  Please avoid politicizing this thread.

Thank you.

Last edited by Fnord on 10 May 2021, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 10:36 am

I only heard of the 5G causing COVID one.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 10:36 am

Fnord wrote:
You may select any or all answers, and you may change your selection at any time.

Can only select one option at present, I'm afraid?

Last edited by Redd_Kross on 10 May 2021, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 10:37 am

Joe90 wrote:
I only heard of the 5G causing COVID one.
From where did you hear this?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 10:37 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
Fnord wrote:
We've all seen crazy conspiracy theories on the internet; and in the last couple of years, baseless conspiracy theories about 5G technology have increased.  For example, a bomb was set off in Nashville, Tennessee last year because of one man's belief that 5G had killed his father.  Many other people believe that 5G causes cancer and autism, kills trees and birds, and is used for brainwashing, spying, and spreading diseases.  What 5G conspiracy theories have you heard or read?  Please respond in the attached poll.  You may select any or all answers, and you may change your selection at any time.  If you answer the poll, please post a comment; and if you post a comment, please answer the poll.  Please avoid posting other conspiracy theories or long, rambling posts.  Please avoid politicizing this thread.  Thank you.
Can only select one option at present, I'm afraid?
Try again.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 10:43 am

People felt paranoid about cell/mobile phones when they were first mass-produced.

Any new technology breeds suspicion and paranoia.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 10:47 am

I picked three.

My conspiracy nut of an uncle keeps going on about 5G causing COVID, which in turn the United Nations is using to depopulate the planet (two conspiracies in one there). I've no idea where he got this from, frankly I just zone out whenever he starts talking conspiracies and nod every once in a while.

The third one was about it killing birds - I read that written out in chalk on a pavement once. No idea who wrote it.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 10:54 am

I've mainly heard about risks and conspiracy theories from science articles and news reports trying to debunk such thinking.

Though my completely paranoid neighbour does throw some nonsense in every so often, too. He's one of these guys who does all of his "research" in the shadier corners of the web where facts go to die.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 11:00 am

There is a man living up the road who put in a bid to install 5G WiFi networks with Internet access in all of the local schools.  Because he high-balled the estimate, he lost the bid.  Now he is trying to convince everyone who will listen (or who will access his personal website) that 5G is the deadliest thing to ever be inflicted upon school-aged children and Americans in general.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 11:03 am

Read? Plenty;

5G causes cancer - From the woowoo channels, to further theories about radiation causing health and environmental issues.

5G damages trees/plants - same as choice #2.

Bill Gates is using 5G to brainwash Americans - it could be from choice #2, it could be just plain old business and media control theory.

China is using 5G to spy on Americans - same as choice #6. Remote EMPing or some war or whatever.

COVID lockdowns are a way to secretly install 5G towers - same as choices above. From fear theory, plain NWO connection to just the availability timeline connection.

The United Nations is using 5G to depopulate the planet - from choices #2, #3 and #8.

Other: Causes of climate change.

Tools to further NWO or some dystopian blueprint.

Possibly all of the above and more; hostile aliens agenda, by allegedly kidnapping/having deals with influential names, especially names around United States. :lol: :lol: :lol:
From human mutation/deevolution, brainwashing to the idea of lowering the overall human consciousness by making them dependent on AI.

Ah yes. :D I got bored enough during lockdown.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 11:54 am

5G is used to activate the tracking/mind-control chips everyone got when they got their COVID vaccines!

Heard from my mom (sharing it because it’s ridiculous rather than because she actually believes it), who saw it somewhere on the Internet, not sure precisely where.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 12:02 pm

"I saw it somewhere on the Internet ... not sure where" seems to be involved in most conspiracy theories.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 6:33 pm

I heard that it was baaaad...for some reason.

Never stumbled upon the specifics.

I get a commercial on UTube all of the time. A young man with a little start up company flogging his innovative hats, or baseball caps, or something.

Among the selling points of his hats is that they have a special lining "that protects you from 5G, and from 6G, and whatever..." but he doesnt dwell on the point. He then he goes on to talk about how it keeps your head warm and dry in the woods, or whatever. No...the lining is not shiny metal. But he IS obviously including the "tin hat wearing crowd" in his sales pitch. Though he may not be a member of that crowd himself. Smart business man come to think of it. Anyway I just click his ad away to get to the video I wanna see. :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 May 2021, 7:11 pm

I only heard of the "5G causes cancer" one. However I hear that most anything wireless will cause cancer :arrow:
4G
3G
The old time cell phones that did not have any net access
Cordless home phones
Wireless internet
Bluetooth
Wireless headphones
Over the air radio stations
The old-time antenna TVs
Walkie-talkies & CB radios
Satellite communications

I'm waiting for people to start claiming that using the post-office to send mail causes cancer since it is wireless communication :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 8:36 am

↑ You left "Computer Monitors", "Desktop Computers", "Dial-Up Modems", and "Microwave Ovens" off your list.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 May 2021, 3:55 pm

Fnord wrote:
↑ You left "Computer Monitors", "Desktop Computers", "Dial-Up Modems", and "Microwave Ovens" off your list.
Shoot I forgot those but I seriously have heard ALL that stuff causes cancer. I think it would be much simpler & aLOT easier for everybody to specially say what does not cause cancer & assume everything not said automatically does cuz practically everything is thought to cause cancer these days. Every product I buy that is made in California has a label or sticker saying that it is known in the state of California to cause cancer. I would not be surprised that people buying live cattle from Cali would get cows that are branded saying they are known in the state of California to cause or have cancer.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition