Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 11:00 am

I brought up Covid vaccinations to my neighbor... Then she started spouting stuff like "it does nothing, you can get it anyway" and "the first shots are free, but it's a trap, not even insurance will pay for the rest!"

I asked where she got these ideas, her answer:

"I saw it on the internet!"

Why do people think everything they see on the internet is true? I tried to reason with her, but she kept saying "But it's online!"

Plus I had to get medical transportation to take me to my Covid shot appointment tomorrow because I couldn't find a person to take me because "they're morally against it"

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 11:04 am

Angnix wrote:
Why do people think everything they see on the internet is true?
Because it is easier to let others do their thinking for them than to do any thinking for themselves.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 11:04 am

Angnix wrote:
I brought up Covid vaccinations to my neighbor... Then she started spouting stuff like "it does nothing, you can get it anyway" and "the first shots are free, but it's a trap, not even insurance will pay for the rest!"

Why do people think everything they see on the internet is true? I tried to reason with her, but she kept saying "But it's online!"

Plus I had to get medical transportation to take me to my Covid shot appointment tomorrow because I couldn't find a person to take me because "they're morally against it"

Where do you live ...? :lol:

I don't really understand how people go anti-vax. They need to go visit an old cemetery. There, a good many of the tombstones are for children. Kids often got sick and died before vaccinations came along.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 11:06 am

Gentleman Argentum wrote:
Angnix wrote:

Where do you live ...?
Look below her avatar.  It says "Michigan".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 11:16 am

Fnord wrote:
Angnix wrote:

Where do you live ...?

How about a very small conservative village with no public transportation?

Anyway this is why I'm now hoping that I get that job at Cornell... I'd imagine there's more brains there...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 May 2021, 11:24 am

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I hate it. An intelligent person encased in all the psychological defensive mechanisms to keep their conspiracies afloat.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Dry Dry Sea
Raven
Raven

10 May 2021, 11:33 am

Fnord wrote:
Angnix wrote:
Why do people think everything they see on the internet is true?
Because it is easier to let others do their thinking for them than to do any thinking for themselves.

I say, Martial Artists say: "He whom has never bleed in a Fight, or felt The Weight of his oppoent on him is unfit for battle".

In real life (battle) we KILL bactierias from our heart. Strangely, fighting is not good - explain that.

Last edited by magz on 10 May 2021, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.: Sexist, off-topic remark removed

Dry Dry Sea
Raven
Raven

10 May 2021, 12:18 pm

Question: Are you fit for battle? Have you been a "foundation" for others? I don't know what sexist is but I have a short story. Remember, this is a question. I'm 1% battery now and will charge. .... The Woman in OP has likely not been a foundation.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 1:38 pm

I read all kinds of crap online. If I believed every word, I'd probably be in Bellevue or Creedmoor now :P

*(Bellevue and Creedmoor are famous NYC mental hospitals)

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 2:10 pm

I like to read declassified documents online. You can learn quite a lot from them.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 2:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I read all kinds of crap online. If I believed every word, I'd probably be in Bellevue or Creedmoor now :P

Or Arkham Asylum.

Arkham Asylum is real, right? It has to be real. I read about it online.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 4:05 pm

GGPViper wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Or Arkham Asylum.

Arkham Asylum is real, right? It has to be real. I read about it online.

I thought it was called Arkham Sanitarium :wink:

There’s all kinds of contradictory stuff on the Internet, too. Not too hard to find something to refute most Internet claims that is also on the Internet. And if you can’t find it, you can pretty easily find somewhere to put it on the Internet yourself, then it is there :lol:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 4:50 pm

Arkham Asylum is an entity within some video game.....

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 6:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Arkham Asylum is an entity within some video game.....

I know it’s from Batman, but Arkham Sanitarium is a Lovecraft reference I couldn’t help but make.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 1:07 am

Angnix wrote:

Random people are amazingly STUPID.

Seriously.

They're so stupid, they're scary.

Because they'll do really stupid things.

Be the hero of your life.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 1:30 am

Angnix wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Angnix wrote:

Where do you live ...?

How about a very small conservative village with no public transportation?

Anyway this is why I'm now hoping that I get that job at Cornell... I'd imagine there's more brains there...

Hm that's about what I thought... yeah

Cornell University? I would imagine there are more brains there.

It is really bizarre to me, that people are actually coming out against vax, but you know what? That just means more doses available for the people that believe in science and in disease being caused by germs versus demons that come up from the netherworld.