Several critically injured by New Zealand mass stabber

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 1:54 pm

’Nothing short of heroic’: Bystanders subdue attacker who stabbed 4 in New Zealand supermarket

Quote:
Bystanders at a New Zealand supermarket were praised as heroes Monday after tackling a man who stabbed at least four people in what cops believe to be a “random attack.”

Two of the victims were customers and the two others were staff members at the Countdown supermarket in Dunedin, a city in New Zealand’s South Island, police said. Three of them were hospitalized in critical condition.

The suspect, whose name and charges have not been released, sustained a minor injury during a struggle with a group that stopped him from hurting even more people inside the store, according to police.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the motive behind the attack was still under investigation but there was no immediate evidence of domestic terrorism.

“Needless to say that such an attack is hugely concerning, and I do want to acknowledge the really early reports of courageous acts by bystanders who have taken action in order to protect those around them,” she said.

The supermarket chain said the Dunedin store would be closed Monday and Tuesday because of the incident.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 8:32 pm

I'm glad I wasn't in that supermarket. That's what happens when kids aren't encouraged to develop hobbies at a young age. That also happens to people who are abused as children. They take their anger out in unsavory ways.