Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

violetdr3amer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 May 2021, 1:17 pm

So the other night I had a crazy, hyperrealistic dream.

I dreamt that I got into uni and had a placement in London. I rented a room in a really run down, dilapidated house in London, it was a bit of a s**thole (the only type of accommodation a student can afford in London!). My room was basically falling to bits, had really high ceilings, single glazing and rattling windows. In my dream, I was lying in my rickety bed and eating nuts, and the taste/texture of the nuts was super realistic and life-like... it kinda freaked me out so I woke up in real life, in my bed. I was sort of half-awake, half-asleep, I looked around and checked I was in my bed in my room irl, thought "phew, it was just a dream" but as soon as I closed my eyes, I was yet again in the s**thole room in my dream eating nuts. I basically went through a routine of coming to in real life, realising I wasn't eating nuts, and coming back to the dream, where I was... it was freaky. The last thing that happened in the dream is that I shook my duvet cover and a whole bunch of nuts, seeds and dried fruit came flying out. That's when I woke up for good because I didn't want to be lying in a bed of nuts!

Has anyone else had such an experience? I'm not sure if this can be called lucid dreaming.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 2:47 pm

Never heard of anything like it outside of movies like Inception.

Dont think it would be lucid dreaming because you can control the dream in whats usually called lucid dreaming. you're having a lack of control.

I have TRIED on occasion to return to a dream I was interrupted from- but it never works. Like I am sucking face with Taylor Swift, and the phone rings in real life and wakes me up. :lol:

A friend dreamt she was doing some task, and was awakened. And she went back to bed - and thought to herself "now I can get back [whatever the task was], before she realized how laughable it was feel obliged to complete a nonexistent task in a dream. And the dream did not resume anyway.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2021, 3:24 pm

lol .. nice description .

i had a dream then when i woke up i was in my room exactly how it was .. but i was floating laid down .. then i woke up for real .

ive had plenty of aware dreams .. and some lucid ones . i can even remeber dreams from when i was at primary school . some really stick .

Lucid Dreams are the best . ive had dreams in different locations of an imaginary location . all seperate parts of the same place . it all feels relative .

eating nuts .. though . maybe try shift the experience into another direction