Page 7 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 1:13 am

22Phoenix22 wrote:
To starkid: I don't remember how much I paid. I didn't have any choice but to go with the online assessment though, as much as I wanted to go in person.

You had the choice to not do the assessment at all, didn't you? Or to wait until you found a better assessment?

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 1:21 am

The term autism has been given a bad rap. It is often associated with people who can't do anything when that isn't false. Saying autistics can't do anything would be like saying you need to have toxic masculinity to be a man.

Jon81
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2021, 2:30 pm

I remember reading something on here about a parent having two sons, one AS and the other HFA. According to him the AS was definitely more social, or at least tried to figure these things out while the HFA had less need of these thing. Apart from that there were no autistic traits that would set them apart.

Diagnosed with ADHD 2022

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2021, 12:07 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I've never researched what "Aspergers" is, compared to Autism, but in general it seems that an Aspergian is more chatty like a little professor, and they're socially awkward, but they don't have the Part B characters of the DSM5: stimming, sensory issues, adverse reactions like meltdowns, etc.

I could be totally wrong but that's how I imagine it.

My brother hasn't been tested but I see him as being "Aspergers" whereas I'm hardcore Autistic.

I still think it's odd that the therapist wouldn't explain it properly or give a written report with diagnostic scales.

Aspergers and Autism is pretty much the same thing in this current age. I would literally be both of what you consider aspergers and being a hardcore autistic.